Norbert

It didn't take long before school started. Lily didn't look forward to it. She had only a couple of friends; the rest thought she was weird and stupid. The rest of the students would come back the next day and Lily tried to hide her worry, but her father saw it. She was walking back and forth unknowingly.

Snape placed two strong arms on her shoulder and looked at her. "Lily what is wrong?

"Nothing" She said a little bit too fast. Snape sighed and was about to go when he lifted her up and carried her towards the couch. He sat down and placed her on his lap.

"Now tell me what's wrong?" He asked gently while brushing her hair. Lily had never had this kind of comfort in her life and it made her relax.

"I don't have so many friends and there aren't much people that like me. What if my friends will do the same after a while?" She said sheepishly. Snape sighed and continued brushing her hair.

"It will be alright." He knew very well how hard it was for her. Even though he didn't say it out laud. When he was younger he never had many friends either, in fact he only had one.

 She nodded and snuggled into her father.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked after a while. Lily shrugged. Her father had probably a lot to do, he shouldn't be bothered with her.

"Well I thought we could make a potion..?" He said thoughtfully. Lily grinned up at him and he took it as a yes. "Well then, what would you prefer?" He asked a bit satisfied he had managed to bring his daughter back from her thoughts. "Babbling Beverage" She said eagerly, completely forgotten her worry a couple of minutes ago. 

Snape made a small humming sound, almost a little laugh. He couldn't help himself. Lily was just so quite when she was like this.

"Come on, let's find ingredients." With that Snape took her hand and guided her towards his personal stores. He handed her a list of ingredients. She was going to say which ingredient they needed and he would find them. Even so he actually knew very well what sort of ingredients they needed, he figured it would be more fun for Lily to help.

They brewed the potion in silence. Snape would cut the ingredients and Lily would add them in the caldron. Lily was grateful her papa wanted to spend the day with her. After a couple of hours the potion was done.

Snape took the first sip. After a couple of seconds he started to babble. It was hilarious. Lily couldn't stop laughing and fell to the floor. Her eyes became teary and her stomach started to hurt. After a while the babbling stopped and Snape fell to the floor, laughing for the first time in ages.

An owl knocked at the window and Snape got up and opened it. "It is for you." He handed Lily the parchment.

Dear Lily.

I was wandering if you wanted to come to tea tomorrow at three o'clock?

-          Hagrid.

Snape made a small growling sound, since he didn't particularly like Hagrid. But since he knew Lily liked him, he didn't want to say anything. "Can I go? Please?" She begged him with her puppy dog eyes. He eyes her for a second before he gave in. "Ohh alright then." Lily swung her small arms around him. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Snape rolled his eyes. He couldn't believe it only took that little to please her.