Professor Snape

Lily's first class was thought by the transfiguration Professor Minerva McGonigall. She was tall and a rather severe-looking woman, with black hair drawn into a tight bun. She wore an emerald green robe, a pointed hat, and had a very prim expression. She looked like a sprightly 70-year old. Lily wanted to impress this woman badly, not only because she was the teacher, but because she was the head of Gryffindor too.

Lily took place beside Neville and swallowed hard, waiting for the class to begin. She tapped her fingertips nervously at the desk. Neville didn't seem to notice, he was probably just as nerves as her.

The bell rang and students filled the empty classroom. McGonagall entered without words. It looked like she was in a hurry. The professor had a beautiful bird on her shoulder and Lily couldn't take her eyes of it. It had long black feathers with silver attached to it. It looked like the bird wore a secret, and had his neb up high. Like he knew he was superior and special.

McGonigall tapped her wand at Lily's desk and cleared her throat. Bringing back little Lily from her trance. "How lovely of you to join us Ms. Evans." She said, slightly irritated. Lily swallowed, realizing she hadn't given any good first impression. "Sorry Professor." She mumbled the words more to the grown, than to the strict looking woman in front of her. The class broke out in giggles, but Neville patted her back comfortingly.

Professor McGonigall turned her back at Lily and regained her attention towards the rest of the class. Lily felt tears prickle in her eyes and couldn't wait for the class to end. What a great first day... She thought sarcastically.

Their next class was Potions and Lily couldn't help herself than to hope her adoptive father would go easy on her. The answer would be no, not even close to it.

On their way towards the dungeons a boy named Malfoy stood in their way. His arms crossed and a facial expression plastered on his face told Lily he was dangerous. "Hey mud - blood!" he growled, which made little Lily shrink. She dared a peek up at her friend who was standing beside her, but regretted it instantly. Neville looked frozen from fear by this boy. Her gaze met the floor and she wished her body would remain unharmed.

Flashbacks of episodes that had happened to Lily went through her mind. How the other boys and girls had treated her. She was afraid the Malfoy boy would do the exact same thing. He wasn't much older than her, probably at the same age, but he had the strength Lily didn't posses.

Instead of waiting for the possible pain or hurtful words she simply spoke. "Yes Malfoy?" Trying to block out her fear and looked him strait in the eyes. First Malfoy looked a little taken aback by Lily's sudden move, but then regained control over himself. His face turned red and it looked like he was going to boil over from anger. "How dare you speak to me like that?! Equals! You fealty mud-blood!" He roared. Lily's flicker of strength disappeared with a blink of an eye and her body started to tremble. Malfoy walked towards them together with his Slytherin followers. "Run!" She screamed to Neville, suddenly regaining control over her legs and mind.

Lily was a lot faster than Neville, but they managed to outrun the Slytherins. Her feet didn't stop until they came busting in Snape's classroom.

The tall headed figure sneered at them, making his adoptive daughter shrink. Lily opened her mouth to speak, but the words didn't escape her mouth. They were uncontrollably stuck in her throat.

Snape made a final sneering sound before letting it go. Without giving any detention for their rudeness. After a couple of minutes the classroom were filled with students. The air became tense after only five minutes. Everyone was frightened by the figure you could compare to a large bat in front of them.

"Page 394, you have one hour." With that everyone got to work. Lily's fingers were shaking slightly from nervousness. Fortunately not enough to make people notice. "What do you think you are doing? You are wasting ingredients. Can't you read at all?" Snape growled in her ear, making her jump. The class fell silent watching Lily's every move. The potion in front of her was supposed to go pink, now it was a bloody red.