The wolf in sheep clothing

The Daily Prophet

The Ministry wishes to inform that Barty Crouch Jr. escaped from Azkaban three weeks ago. The Ministry has the situation under control and don’t worry he will be caught soon. The last time he was seen was in the middle of England. Please inform the Ministry if you have any information that could be useful. A reward is promised away.

Lily watched as the others played quidditch. She enjoyed watching it, but would never get on a broom herself. She was watching the Slytherins play. She didn’t know why, but she enjoyed it. Her little body was curled together on one of the steps in the Gryffindor sections of the tribune. It was a lot of wind and the sky threatened with rain every second. Nobody sat with her because of the weather, but she didn’t mind. Looking at the others fly made her mind relax for a bit

People had beginning to talk dirty about her friend Hagrid and she was worried for her friend. Even Neville seemed to tense up when she told him she was going to visit Hagrid. It made her nervous. One of the Sytherins caught her watching them and soon they all stopped practicing. A tall boy with black hair and ugly teeth, probably the captain, came flying towards her with the rest of the team in his feet.

“Are you spying on us you little mud blood?” He said accusingly with so much venom in his voice Lily didn’t know what to answer. “N-no.” She stuttered. They all began to laugh scornful of her. One of the beaters even had to support himself on his broom not to fall off. It wasn’t even a real laugh, more like a cruel act to make her feel uncomfortable. Suddenly the two beaters who had laughed their head off were on each side of her.

“Wander what the Gryffindors would do when they found out what was left of their little spy.” They both grabbed into Lily’s robe and she felt herself lighten from the ground. She totally freaked out and began to panic. She wasn’t flying much, only like a meter over the grown and they were still standing still, but she was scared either way. What she didn’t know was that the Slytherins would never risk losing points in such a way, but Lily didn’t know that and the team dressed in silver and green knew that as well.

“They let go of her and she fell down the short way to the tribune floor. She breathed heavily trying to calm herself down. “What mud-blood? Scared of heights?” One of them laughed as they flew away. She instantly got to her feet and didn’t care about gathering her stuff. With top speed she hurried down the stairs and out of the field. She could hear their faint snickers behind her, but ignored them as she headed up towards the castle.

“Hey Lily!” She jumped from the rough voice and twirled around to see only Hagrid the giant. “Oh hey Hagrid, you scared me.” She held a hand on her chest and breathed out in relive. “Oh that was too bad, come down to me and take a cup of tea.” He offered. She shook her head and smiled apologetically.

“Sorry Hagrid, but I was supposed to meet my dad.” She explained, but Hagrid put on a sad face. “Oh come on, only one cup.” He half ordered/pleaded. She looked at the man with black tunnel eyes. The twinkling in his eyes had disappeared and been replaced with something she couldn’t quite sort out. She instantly felt bad about turning down his offer. He looked hurt and his puppy dog eyes looked close to teary.

“Okay.” She sighed and fallowed him. He smiled and gestured for her to go first. He opened his cottage wooden door, revealing a dip lit room. It was dust everywhere and it looked much more unpleasant than what it usually did. Usually Hagrid had given an effort to clean his home up at least to a livable standard, but now it was an uncomfortable smell all over the place. It made it send shivers down Lily’s spine.

She cleared her throat and began wandering around. Trying to ignore Hagrid’s look in the back of her head. “So where is Norbert.” She said with a horse tone. “Oh he…couldn’t make it.” Hagrid sounded different and his voice had changed.

“Hagrid… Norbert is a dragon.” She was frozen and turned slowly around. Hagrid was smiling evilly at her and his face…changed. It was bubbling and it looked like his skin was falling off. She let out a half scream before it all became black.

---------------------------------

So Sorry, I know its short, but I promise the next will be longer. Bet you didn’t expect that, did you! A special thanks to EliseB - Heygrr for the inspiration!:)