5

Within seconds, Calum kissed back and pulled her closer. My heart felt like it was going to burst. After a moment or two, they pulled apart breathing heavily. He grabbed her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers as he looked deeply into her eyes.

"Does this...Does this mean that we're together now?" he asked, biting his lip.

She smiled before nodding, "Yes."

They both smiled at each other before he picked her up and spun her around. "I can't wait to tell everyone tomorrow!" he exclaimed happily.

"Whoa, nooo you're not." she quickly said.

"What? Why not?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"I don't want...people to know about us yet..Let's just wait awhile before telling anyone, yeah?" she said.

"Um if you want, I guess." he mumbled hesitantly as he looked down.

"Hey.." she whispered cupping his cheeks as he looked up at her, "don't be upset...I just wanna take things slow, since you're my first boyfriend and all.." she admitted, blushing.

He smiled, kissing her once more before taking hold of her hand. "C'mon let's go get some ice cream or something!" he said, pulling her with him towards the parking lot.

As I stood there and watched everything unfold, I didn't even realize that there were tears in my eyes. I sniffled before wiping away at a few stray tears that slid down my cheeks. I just stood there, hidden behind the bleachers as I tried to recompose myself. But the tears kept falling and a few sobs managed to escape. After I calmed down, I made my way towards the parking lot and drove home.

I entered the house and slammed the door shut. I kicked off my sneakers and removed my jacket, chucking it at the couch.

"Brooklyn? Honey, is that you?" my mom called from the kitchen.

I ignored her as I stormed upstairs and locked myself in my room. I threw myself on my bed and let the tears fall freely. I glanced my desk, finding a framed picture of me and Madison that my mom captured as we were laughing and hugging. I clenched my fist before throwing a pillow at the photo in anger. The framed picture fell and shattered into pieces. As I stared at the picture, I knew for sure that Madison was gone.

---

I stood at my locker, stuffing necessary materials into my backpack for my next two classes. I looked up temporarily to just scan my surroundings. I turned to my right to find none other than Madison. She strutted down the hallway with her new friends by her side. They laughed as they went on with their gossips. As she passed by me, she glanced at me for no more than a second before continuing on like she never saw me in the first place. Not even a smile, a wave or a simple 'hello' was given. I closed my locker before making my way to class before the bell rang.

After a little bit more than two hours had passed, the bell for lunch break rang and people started clearing out. As I stuffed my Spanish book into my backpack, I snuck a glance at the boy I fell for. He had a giant smile on his face as he read a text from his phone. One of his friends called him by the door and he quickly left the room. I sighed before putting on my backpack.

"Señorita Brooklyn?" Mrs. Gomez called from the front of the classroom.

I looked at her, pushing my glasses in. "S-sí Señora Gomez?" I replied.

She smiled at me using my Spanish. "I was wondering if you could swing by my class at the end of school?" she said.

"Oh, of course! But um may I ask why?"I replied nervously.