ch. 14

A week passed since the new vk kids were chosen and today is the day that they get to come to Auradon. I watch my brother propose to Mal and I rest my head on Jay's chest at how cute it was. Jay and I look at each other and he slowly leans down before I stop him by placing my hand on his lips and he grins against my skin.

"One of these days I'm going to get that kiss Abby." He says as he gently takes my hand away from his lips. I shake my head no as I smile at him.

We congratulate the newly engaged couple before we get into the limo to go get the new kids.

As we're leaving the isle we notice that Hades is trying to escape. The guys try to stop him but he knocks them away with his magic and as he fights Mal I see that he's draining her magic. Shit! Without thinking I jump into the line of magic and I start to feel everything start to drain from me.

"ABBY!" I hear people exclaim before Mal knocks Hades back behind the barrier and I fall to my knees panting.

"I could feel him draining all of my magic!" Mal exclaims as she looks tired and Jay holds me to his body. "Thank you Abby. If it wasn't for you then he would've drained my powers." She thanks and I give her a thumbs up.

"Don't you ever do anything that stupid again." Jay says as he picks me up and I shrug.

"No promises." I sign and he sighs as he sets me in my seat. He gets in the car and starts driving. Once we get back home he makes sure that I stay in bed, his bed, and only let's me up only to use the bathroom. He even refused to let me go to a meeting. Butt head.

"Hey Abby. How are you feeling?" Mal asks as she comes to check on me and I give her a thumbs up. "Is Jay still not letting you out?" She asks and I shake my head no. "Well today is Jane's party so he should let you out of house arrest." She says and I nod. She passes me a bag of clothes. "I figure you would enjoy wearing your own clothes instead of his." She grins and I nod in thanks as I gently take it from her. She leaves and I start putting on my own clothes when Jay walks in.

"What are you doing? You should be resting." He says and I sigh.

"I feel fine Jay." I sign and he sighs.

"Fine. We'll go to the party but if you aren't feeling well then we're coming right back here." He says and I nod. "Go get ready. I'll come and get you when we're leaving." I nod and with that he leaves.

After almost an hour I watch a purple mist make it's way through the house and my world goes black.

~Jay~

After we manage to find Ben and bring him back to Evie's house the girls meet us with sad looks.

"Did you guys find Abby?!" I ask and Evie nods. "Where is she? Is she ok?!" All the girls looks nervous.

"She's in your room. Jay. She's been spelled." Evie says softly and my heart breaks.

"But the good news is that you can wake her up." I look at Uma confused. "True loves kiss? Do you love her?  God do you guys know nothing?" She asks and I shake my head. I hurry to my room to see her sleeping on my bed. I gently cup her cheek in my hand.

"Just do it Jay." I hear Harry say and I look behind me to see them all standing in my door way.

"Can I have some privacy please?" I ask and they back away with their hands up before shutting my door. I look down to Abby. "Please work. I love you Abby." I murmur before pressing my lips to her's.

Suddenly the room starts shaking as her body starts to glow a gold light. When everything fades she slowly starts to wake up as her eyes flutter open. She looks at me confused before I tackle her in a hug.

"Thank god. It worked." I murmur against her neck and she pulls away from me.

"Wait.... What happened?!" She asks and I explained everything to her. "So you woke me up with true loves kiss?" She asks and I nod.

"If you woke up from the sleeping spell with it then does that mean that you can speak again?" I ask and she shrugs. "Try saying something."  I encourage but she looks hesitant.

"What should I say?" She asks and I shrug.

"Anything that you want." I answer and she thinks.

"I-I l-love you." She says softly in a croaky voice and we look at each other shocked. "I love you." She says a little clearer as she smiles at me and I can't help but smile back.

"I love you too." I murmur before pulling her to me and I press my lips against her's. She kisses me back and all I feel are fireworks.

"Jay is everything alright in there? The house was shaking!" We pull away as Carlos bangs on the door. I stand to my feet and gently pull Abby to stand beside me before we make our way out of the room.

"Well?" Ben asks as I make it to the door way. "Did it work?" I move aside and Abby steps into view before I pull her to my side. He hurries to his feet and they run to each other before they hug. "You're ok." I hear him murmur.

"So are you." He pulls away shocked and everyone stares at her with jaws open.

"She can talk?!" Uma asks.

"The curse is gone." Ben says as he smiles. "It's been so long since I've heard you talk." My eyes widen as I watch tears fall from his eyes.

"I know." She sooths as she hugs him. "Everything is going to be alright now." She looks to me with a warm smile. "Thank you." She whispers and I nod.

"Wait. What's going on?" Gil asks and Harry and Uma nod.

"When we were twelve years old your parents escaped from the isle." Ben says as he looks to Uma and Harry. "They kidnapped her, beat her and put a curse on her. Ursula finally told us the full details of the curse while she was awaiting transport to the isle. On our eighteenth birthday if she didn't find her true love then she would be mute for the rest of her life and if someone claimed to love her to just break the curse then it would cause her tremendous amount of pain. Jay broke her curse." Ben explains.

"Why wasn't any of this written down in the book?" I question as I remember the book that Abby had me read about her.

"My parents wanted it that way. They didn't want anyone to use her curse to hurt her." I nod in understanding.

"So our parents did this to you?" Harry asks and Abby nods.

"Two villains did this to me." Every vk looks away in shame. "But it took a villain to fix me." She smiles. "I don't blame you for what happened. Your parents wrongs are not yours. I just hope that you guys learn from them and do better. There's a whole world out there I I don't want anymore vk kids to be confined to one island." We smile.

"Neither do we."

"Now. Let's go save our home." With that we send Doug, Gil and Jane to go find fairy godmother.

"Abby." Abby looks up at me. "Go with them. They may need you." She looks hesitant. "Please." I murmur as I pull her to my chest and she sighs.

"Alright. Just be safe." I nod.

"I will." With that I capture her lips with mine before pulling away and she hurries after Jane.

"You really do love her." Uma says and I nod.

"Besides Ben she was the first one to except us for who we are. Not villains but people." She nods. "Heck she even excepted you and Harry and Gil. She has every right not to but she did."

"Then let's go do what's right." With that we head to fairy cottage.