ch. 8

Months go by after the coronation and I have tried to stay busy with duties of being Ben's royal advisor.

"Abby you need a break. You've been working more than I have." I hear Ben say as I bring him some paperwork as he stands next to Mal and her friends. Jay looks at me concerned as he sees the bags under my eyes.

"I'm fine. Just look over these and if you have any changes to them then let me know." I sign after Ben takes the papers.

"I will but you need to rest. When was the last time that you actually slept?" He asks and I shrug. "Abby don't worry about school and your duties for today and go get some sleep. I mean it. That's an order." He orders and I glare at him. Turning away I head to the parking lot and drive home on my bike.

~Jay~

"Has she not been sleeping?" I ask once Abby leaves and Ben nods.

"She doesn't sleep and she barely eats unless I remind her too. She hasn't been the same since the coronation." He answers and my chest hurts at that news. I don't answer as I head to the gym to practice with the team.

Once practice ends and I royally made Lonnie mad I hurry to check on Abby. I crawl through her window quietly and find her sleeping in her bed. She looks sick. She's skinnier and she's pale with bags under her eyes. I lay down beside her and she curls up against my side and I smile softly as I hold her while she sleeps.

"Abby?" I hear someone knock before her door opens and Ben, Evie and Carlos walks in. "Jay?" Ben asks and I wave quietly.

"Hey guys." I whisper.

"What are you doing here?" Ben asks and I notice that he's wearing leather like we usually wear but seeing him wear it wasn't normal.

"Worry about that later. Mal went back to the isle." Evie says and I shoot up and so does Abby who looks confused.

"What?!" I exclaim.

"Mal went back to the isle and we need to bring her back." Carlos says and I climb out of the bed.

"Then lets go!" I feel a small tug on my shirt as I go to leave with the others and I look down to see Abby looking up at me with a determined look. "No Abby you need to stay here." I tell her and she shakes her head no. I go to argue but she surprises me by placing her tiny hand over my lips and pointing a finger at me. With a sigh I gently take her hand and lead her outside.

We get in the limo and I can hear Ben scolding her for coming along. I glance back and see her signing and he goes to argue but she covers his mouth before signing again.

"Fine!" Ben huffs.

When we get to the isle we cover the limo in tarps and start to head to where we know Mal would be at when I grab Abby gently by the shoulder. She starts taking deep breaths before turning to look at me and I bring my face as close to her's as I can.

"No matter what I want you by my side while we're here. Got it?" She nods. "Good." I wrap an arm around her shoulder and pull her to my side before we catch up to the others.

After showing Ben how to fit in we get to our old lair and I throw a rock at the flying rock sign and we let Ben in before waiting patiently. As we wait I feel something tugging at my hair and look down to see Abby braiding the ends. With a slight chuckle I look away after I watch her grin.

After a while Ben comes down and tells us that Mal isn't coming back before moving out of the way as we try and talk to Mal through the speaker. When she tells us to go away we look and don't see both Ben or Abby.

"Guys where's Ben and Abby?" Carlos asks and my heart starts to pound. We see a figure walking towards us and Evie scolds it but it's not Ben. Harry Hook lifts his head up and we freeze.

"Don't scare you? That's my specialty." He grins.

"What did you do with Ben and Abby?" I ask and he grins.

"Oh! Well we nicked them. Um and if you want to see them again then Mal come to the chip shop tonight. Alone." He grins. "Uma wants a little visit." I glare at him. "Aw Jay. Seems like you've lost your touch." He grins and I lunge at him. But Evie stops me and he laughs before walking away whistling. This is bad. Very bad.