|12|

Chapter 12

"Kira found Brett

"Kira found Brett. They're fine but we've got to go." Scott whispered to Liam as he looked over at Maddie who was still asleep in Liam's arms. "Has she moved since yesterday?" Scott asked and Liam shook his head. "It's fine, I don't mind." Scott glared at Liam. Even though Scott knew that they liked each other, she didn't like that Maddie was growing up.

"More assassins?" Liam asked Scott who turned to him. "Maybe a lot more." He admitted as they both glanced at Maddie. "Different than the ones who just tried to set us on fire?"

"I think so, yeah. How about I take you home?" Scott asked and Liam peeked at Maddie who was snuggled up in his arms. "I'm not like you." Liam said nervously, changing the subject. "Not yet." Scott reminded him as Liam shook his head. "I don't mean I'm not strong or I'm never gonna learn how to be in control. I mean everything else. You and your friends try to protect everyone. I mean, how are you all still alive?" Liam scoffed in disbelief as Scott looked down.

"Not all of us are. Let me atleast take you home." Scott smiled and Liam nodded. Scott had gone downstairs to grab his car keys which left Liam and a sleeping Maddie alone in the room together. Maddie was still asleep and Liam couldn't help but stare. He kissed her cheek and then slowly started to unwrap himself from her grasp, making sure to be extra careful not to wake her.

Maddie and Scott were at the animal clinic, talking to Kira who had came back from a hospital that her mom was in due to the injury the berserkers had left on Mrs Yukimura.

"Is your mom..." Scott trailed off, not wanting to bring back sad feelings. Maddie walked into the clinic and saw Scott and Kira already talking. She walked up to them and put her hands on her hips, trying to figure out what they were talking about. "She's okay. Healing." Kira nodded, smiling down at Maddie who returned the gesture.

"What about you?" Scott asked. "Me?" Maddie asked and scoffed. "If only you knew." She rubbed her eyes and shook her head. "Are you okay?" Scott said, ignoring little McCall. "Right now? Very." Kira responded, grasping the clinic door that took them into the operation room.

"Did you find him? Did you find Brett?" Scott asked as Kira nodded, opening the door. "Actually, I think I found all of them. Satomi, this is who I was telling you about." Kira smiled at the old werewolf as Maddie groaned. "Uh-oh. Coocoo lady and her coocoo tribe." She slumped into a chair and glared at Brett.

"I know who Scott McCall is." Satomi gestured to the alpha. "Are we safe here?" A little girl asked, causing Scott to smile down at her. Maddie scoffed and shook her head. "There's a dead pool with all our names on it. Does it look like we're safe?" Scott glared at Maddie as he bent down, rubbing the little girl's shoulder. "Yes but we're gonna need help. A lot of help." He turned to Kira as she nodded.