|6|

Chapter 6

"I'm not sharing my basement

"I'm not sharing my basement." Malia stated as me and Scott groaned for the millionth time. "Malia, I hate to break it to you but it's not your basement." I snapped. She looked taken aback but quickly got reassured by Stiles.

"My mom noticed how you tore it up last time." Lydia chimed in as I took a sip from my water bottle. "All right, she's still learning." Stiles defended as we all rolled our eyes. "It's too risky having both of them in there." I said and thought about Lydia's boathouse.

"Hey, what about your boathouse? It's got support beams, right?" I asked and Lydia nodded cautiously. I peered over at Scott who was catching on fast. "That's brilliant. We can chain him up to one of them."

"But how do we get him out to the lake house if he doesn't trust us?" Kira inquired as the table looked around. "No, he does trust one of us." Scott sighed as the rest of them looked over at me. I choked on my water and coughed for a few minutes before gulping down the excess that was in my mouth.

"Me?" I croaked out. "Yes you." Lydia gritted. I threw my hands up in surrender and focused on Liam's table. Mason, Garrett and the girl who I figured out was called Violet were all sat around it, talking and laughing. "Go!" Stiles instructed.

"Oh yeah? And do what dumbass?" I hissed at him. He fell silent as he realised I had a good reason to stay. "I say if it keeps him from murdering someone we chloroform the little bastard and throw him in the lake." Stiles suggested, leaning back in his chair.

"I'm in." Malia smiled wide and lifted her hand up. Lydia slowly brought it back down on the table and looked over at Scott. "We're not killing or kidnapping him," he reassured everyone. "Well what else are we supposed to do?" Stiles rolled his eyes.

"We have to be smart. We tell him there's a party and invite him." I nodded at Lydia's idea and so did Scott. I'm guessing that sibling bond myth we learnt in history was true, we think the same things when we're driven to success. What am I even saying? Why do I think me and Scott have a bond if I always tell him that he's adopted?

"So, you're going to ask out a freshman?" I raised my brows at her and she shook her head quickly. "Oh no, not me. I'm done with teenage boys. You on the other hand, are perfect for the role." She took my hands in hers and signalled for everyone to be quiet. "You can do it Maddie, this whole entire lunch hour of planning comes down to this. You can succeed or you can fail. It's your choice."

"Can I pick the other option?" I smiled sheepishly as she got out her perfume and started to spray it on me. I coughed and spluttered, pushing her hand away. "Ew, it smells like my grandma. She's dead, by the way." I informed Lydia who glared at me and put the perfume back in her purse. "Go get 'em girl." Malia winked at me as I stood up, brushing out my skirt and breathing in a deep breath.

"Here goes nothing. Literally nothing." I said flatly and began to walk over to Liam's table. Garrett and Violet had already left so it was just Mason and Liam. "I heard some seniors are working out in the weight room." I whispered to Mason who immediately stood up and rushed out of the cafeteria.