Blood of Control (Chapter 16.)

Shuichi's POV:

Control.

That was what we saw when we walked in to the secret room where Gonta contained his spiders.

Written  on the far wall in bright pink letters.

The same shade of bright pink that was dripping from the tank of spiders.

The tank had been dented in several areas, and there were papers, pencils, pens and other supplies scattered around the room. There was even shattered glass in one corner. A fight definitely broke out here, probably between Gonta and some other party.

Kaede stumbled backwards at the sight of it. Miu jumped to support Kiibo as he turned pale.

Me: "Guys... I need to see..."

Kaede weakly nodded at me.

I start to walk up the ladder to the catwalk. It was also bent and damaged in the battle.

When I got to the top of the ladder, I looked around. There was an extremely small amount of yellow-greenish liquid on the ground. Whatever it is, it's fresh. I took a vial out of my pocket, (I carry around materials that detectives need for investigations at all times,) and I bottle some of it as evidence. I look down, and I nod at Kaede. She slowly presses the button that opens the lid to the tank.

I almost fall off of the catwalk at what I see.

Gonta's body was covered in spiders, which were tearing away at him.

He had been eaten alive by his own spiders.

I can only hope that he died of the poison rather than dying of the pain from being ripped to death.

I slowly nod at Kaede again. She presses the button, closing the tank before any spiders could get out.

I stumble down the ladder, sickened by Gonta's horrifying end.

Kaede: "Is he...?"

Me: "Yes, Kaede. Gonta Gokuhara is dead. Eaten alive by his own spiders."

She gasps and stumbles back.

Me: "Three of us need to see his body, otherwise the body discovery alert won't go off."

Kaede: "B-but we should take the time to look for clues, right?"

Me: "Right."

We all start looking around Gonta's lab. The papers and other supplies came from a desk back in the spider room. On the desk lay scattered papers that had notes about different types of bugs. I looked to the right of the papers to see a pocket knife with a pink handle, covered in blood. The blood wasn't dripping off of the blade.

Me: "I found a knife."

Miu walks over, and her eyes suddenly widen.

Miu: "That's my knife! How did it get here?"

I look at her suspiciously. She doesn't take kindly to this.

Miu: "Hey, do you actually think I did this? No fuckin' way! I didn't even have the chance to do this!"

Kiibo: "She's right. I was with her all day."

I do trust them. Miu has no motive to kill.

Me: "Okay, you have an alibi then. Anyways, back to searching."

I put the knife away in a plastic bag.