But only he knew he was not much concerned about the dead daughter of him as the time passed. Though he was sad, as time passed by he got over it. His main motive was although was to have Orla with him for the sake of his objective to rule over all the species on Earth.

If he was become the King, he needed a Queen who could protect him and shield him from everything and Orla was just the right person with both intellect and powers.

But something that he needed to know before going for his purpose was the reason why Orla was away from them all those years.

Orla woke up feeling a tinge of ache in her head. She was cursing herself for using the strongest of her potions to sleep while her son and Madonna ship her to the Emor estates. She should have used a small amount as she was more prone to headaches.

She just wanted to be on a safer side by getting herself in a comatose state to make tale much more believable to Alder and the people in his shadow.

"What in the name of heavens am I doing here?" Orla rasped out in an angry tone which was clearly a pretense.

Orla looked around the chamber in was in and then noticed Alder sitting by her side on the bed and gasped. She inched back to have a clear look at the man who had made every attempt to kill the innocent and dear to her.

It has been such a long time he had seen him. He had aged more than he should have which pleased Orla immensely. He deserves worse.

"The young witch indeed amazed me by tricking me into getting me here." Orla sneered at Madonna as her glare towards the young woman made Alder stutter in terror a little.

If there was he was always cautious about, then it was that anger of hers. Her glare was one thing he avoided all through the time they were together. She was one deadly woman if she set her mind to which both interested and cautioned him.

"It was not her dear. I wanted to see you with my eyes and know that you are well and safe dear." Alder said softly as he helped Orla in a much comfortable sitting position.

Orla closed her eyes for a moment and sighed. After a moment, when she opened her eyes, she looked intensely into Alder's eyes with contempt and determination; a rather odd mixture.

"Why am I here, Alder?" She asked in a strong commanding tone.

"I missed you, dear. Why did you leave us and ran off. Did we do anything that was not your liking? Did we not give you the love you deserved?" Alder poured his heart out, poured his selfish heart out and if possible, Orla would have scoffed at the way Alder tried to sound genuine.

Well, if Alder did not know, Orla was one great person in theatrics. She could play his game in his manner.

Orla turned and noticed Lucius and Madonna sitting on the daybed in the chamber silently watching them. She then looked at Alder, this time with defeat clearly etched on her delicate features which Alder had never seen before.

"It was for better, Alder" Orla mumbled as grief took over her featured. In the matter of moments, her eyes showed him the depths of grief and hurt she went through.

Alder could not understand what she intended. He was puzzled by the sudden change in her as he held her hand in to his softly and nudged her to continue.

"What do you imply?" He asked back.

"Father, you believe the woman?" Lucius probed in cutting the intensity in the air with his snarky remark. He looked like he was ready to rip of the head of his own mother if he had the chance to.

"Not now, son. You mother was clearly in much choatic position all the while." Alder blared out commandingly as his eyes softened at Orla. "What did you imply, dear." He asked softly that made Madonna almost swooned in disgust at the monster of Emor performing his part out.

"I had to run away to –" Orla gulped down and looked back at Alder and saw him attentive to her, "- to keep you and our kin protected."

Alder was stumped by what she had said as he did not know why his wife had said something like that.

"There was a threat that I received right after conceiving Alys that the anonymous person would kill you for something you did to him which I had no notion of. In the person's words, I was your strength and if I do not go away from you, then they would slaughter you."

If Alder was not looking for an bewildered revelation, then he got just that. The return of his wife and her revelation had perplexed him to a great length.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think of the chapter?

Why did Orla lie about the threats to Alder?

What was her trick to do so? Why do you think she did that?

Why was it better for Lucius to hate his mother in front of Alder?

Do you think the trio's plan will see the light of success?

What do you think of Alder's army?

Why did the army he created made Lucius and Madonna on their toes?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim