CH 17 - DATE OR NOT

Start from the beginning

Again, there was silence in the car but this time, Anika thought to break the ice.

"Thanks wo meri baat sunne ke liye waha" she said.

"You are mistaken. Maine tumhare kehne pe nahi kiya ye" he replied.

"Oo Sorry" she said and looked outside the window.

"But I gave it a thought only after you said" and her face lightened up.

"Aap bilkul jalebi ke tarah sidhe hai" she chuckled.

"Whatever"

They reached the hotel and before Anika could enter her room, Shivaay called.

"Dinner karne chalogi mere saath?" he asked.

"Kaha?" 

"Kahi bhi chal denge" he said and entered his room.

"Ajeeb insaan hai ye to" she murmured.

After taking rest and having her lunch in her room itself, Anika decided to take a quick nap but she texted Shivaay first.

"Kitne baje niklenge?" she sent.  Her phone beeped the next min.

"6 baje." 

"What am I supposed to wear?" She texted then. Indeed it was dinner but dress code is important.

"Whatever a girl wears for a date😉"

Anika's cheeks heat up. It was supposed to be a simple dinner and not a date.

"Its not a date" she typed.

"Mera room bas tumhare opposite hi hai. Come here and we will discuss if it's a date or not" Even Shivaay was smiling bad while typing this. He felt like a teenager, madly in love.

"Mujhe nahi jaanaa date pe" she typed but then delete the message.

"Nothing to discuss Sir, dinner hai ye koi meeting nahi hai. And most importantly agar ye date hai to I am out. It's a friendly dinner" she was satisfied with the text and sent it

"Are we friends?" His msg popped.

She scrunched her nose in irritation and then Arnav video called her

"Hey Bhai" she waved her hand.

"Anu, kaha hai tu?" He said. Khushi was sitting right beside him.

"Hotel mein. Meeting subah hi ho gaya" Anika replied.

"Aur khana peena kaisa chal raha hai?" Khushi asked.

"Bas barhiya bhabhi. Aap log bataiye. Abhay Bhai ne subah call kiya tha, mai meeting me thi to disconnect kar diya"

"Wo abhi office me hai. I took a break Arshi aur Moksh ke liye. In fact Tara bhi hai yahi"

"Aur Aryan?"

Just then her door opened and Shivaay stood there and Anika's eyes widened in fear. She signaled him indirectly.

Shivaay on hearing Aryan's name chose to stay.

"Udhar kya dekh rahi hai?" Tara came on screen.

"Nahi kuch bhi to nahi."

"Aryan sahab important case me lage huye hai" Tara said but Anika was still fearing as Shivaay was still standing instead of leaving.

"Sham ko Abhay Bhai ko call karne bolna" Anika said.

"Uski date hai" khushi said

Anika turned beetroot red while Shivaay was sheepishly smiling looking at her blushed face.

"Tu  shaam ko kya karegi?" Arnav asked and unknowingly her eyes went to Shivaay who raised his brows signalling her to answer the call.

"Ab tak socha nahi. Chalo mai baad me call karti hun"

"Bye"

And they hung up and she sighed in relief.

She turned to him who was still smiling

"Aapko door knock karne ki tameez nahi hai?" She said angrily and went up to him

"Tumhe door lock karne ki tameez nahi hai?" He said while she just rolled her eyes.

"Wo tum reply nahi kar rahi thi to mai dekhne aaya kya ho gaya" he scrached the back of his head looking down.

How cute
Anika thought

Shut up
Her brain mocked

A LONG UPDATE I BELIEVE. HOW WAS IT?
DROP YOUR VIEWS

ANNE