****************************************

Today is my first day back at work. My clothes were a little big now that I lost so much wight but I managed to pull a decent outfit together.

I made myself a coffee before meeting the valet with my jeep. 

I thanked him, leaping in the car, giving him the extra coffee I had made him as a thank you. Apparently we weren't suppose to tip them other than at Christmas or something but I couldn't just do nothing. 

I drove off to work, thankful to get back into my routine, for everything to get back to as normal as possible. 

I walked in and Dylan immediately engulfed me into a hug. 

"OPAL ANGELINE LOCKE I TOLD YOU NOT TO STOP EATING!" I cringed as people gave us a couple questioning looks, slapping him on the shoulder a little. 

We talked and caught up as I caught up on my work. It was the time of the day to go and check on everyone. 

The person that had taken over my job for the past week had done a very thorough job which I was extremely thankful for.

I headed over to my last stop, patient 32 and felt the familiar reaction. 

I took deep breaths trying to calm my heart-beat as I walked over the Dr. Shawl. 

He looked completely exhausted and beat. 

I frowned, "I assume you haven't made much progress?" I asked softly as he looked up at me defeated. 

He shook his head. "try no progress. He won't even look at me, he ignores everyone that enters his room completely too." He rubbed his eyes. 

I nodded in understanding. 

"I was just about to start a new sessions. Stay with me, maybe you'll get some sort of genius idea, I'll take anything at this point." 

I nodded, sitting down next to him on the chairs facing the window. 

Dr. Shawl sighed, pulling open the curtains and removing the mirror effect. 

As soon as I saw him I gasped a little. He was just as gorgeous as I remembered. Now he was sitting without a shirt on, his tattoos on full display. 

There were black patterns covering his, swirling all around. I felt my heart almost stop at ow gorgeous he was. He looked like a god was sent down to earth somehow. 

He was sitting completely still, staring at the wall, an empty plate of food next to him. 

"Hello, its Dr. Shawl again, how are you feeling today?" He asked, receiving no response. 

Suddenly the man tilted his head back and sniffed the air a little. He froze and whipped his head in our direction. 

Before I could even think he was standing in front of the glass, right in front of me. 

He was breathing hard and hold direct eye contact with me. 

I couldn't look away, it was so beautiful and intense. I couldn't breathe. It was just like the first time, those green orbs engulfing me. His toned chest an 8-pack were now on full display, my head only coming up to his shoulder as he towered over me. 

I finally snapped out of it, looking to a very happy Dr. Shawl. 

"He's never done this before!" the doctor exclaimed, scrawling down messy notes into his notebook. 

He thought for a second, before reaching out to grab my arm. 

Before he could touch me there was a loud sound that sounded like a growl emitting from the man. His usually bright green eyes were now a dark grey, fading into black. 

The doctor stopped, cautiously taking his hand away. As soon as he did the man seemed to relax, his eyes drifting back into green as he went quiet again, going back to staring at me. 

"Remarkable." Shawl mumbled under his breath. 

"Hey, Opal, would you mind just walking around the room." 

I shrugged, "Sure." 

Sure enough his eyes followed me around the room, never leaving my form. 

"Amazing." He mumbled again. "Opal, how would you like to help out with this patient? You're the only one he responds to, it would help me out so much!" He asked, his voice full of hope. 

I was a little unsure for a second before smiling, "Of course I'll help." 

"Great!" He exclaimed, "We start first thing tomorrow!" 

I nodded, still keeping eyes contact with the man, unable to keep my eyes off of him. 

Dr. Shawl packed out but I just kept my eye contact with the man until he closed the curtains and I swear I could almost hear him whining. 

For some reason I felt the urge to go and rip the curtains back open or storm into his room and into his arms.

I guess I won't be getting back to normal anytime soon...

******************************

I packed up and was forced into a dinner with Dylan where he forced me to finish my entire plate of food. I was literally bursting when I was finished, looking like I was pregnant. 

"Desert?" He asked. 

"Please, god no." I begged with wide eyes as he just chuckled at me. 

I got my next check thank god and was back to where I needed to be. 

Dylan and I split the bill although Dill tried to pay the whole thing since he was the one who dragged me out here. 

He was completely shocked when I told him about what happened with 32, saying that he was coming with me tomorrow to make sure I stay safe. 

He really was like a protective older brother and I was now going home to my protective twin sister. I never had much of a family, my parents dying when I was only 4 I lived with my grandma who left me too. It felt really good to have them. 

When I got home Kate and I spent the rest of the night watching New Girl and making cookies. 

I realized how happy I was. Breaking up was definitely the right choice, even though it was hard, I'm so much better inn the long run.