"I," she starts. "Am  making sure my baby looks good on this desk."

She pulls out her "baby"-a vintage typewriter that I remember hearing a lot about. She sets it down very carefully on the desk that was already there, like the bed. 

"I like it," I say. "Its a blend of modern and vintage. It looks nice."

"Thanks. This is a nice view I'll have when I'm writing, too," she points out the window the desk sits before. She's right, the view of LA is awesome from every side of the house. 

"When you get it up and running again, let me know. I'd love to see more of your writing."

She blushes. I know she doesn't let a lot of people read what she writes. Actually, I think I might be the only one. When we first started talking, she showed me a short story she wrote about a couple in New York City. I thought it was really good, even though she assured me it was 'from a while back when she wasn't that great'. 

We hear a car horn beep, so we both hurry outside to see Kian in the driver's seat, tapping his finger against his wrist to signify that we taking his precious time. To that I do: [min 5:16 of the video attached]. Kass and I squeeze into the backseat of the car with JC also in the back. Ricky is vlogging in the passenger seat so we all scream hey into his camera. Kian turns the music up super loud and we all try to sing (obnoxiously) even louder. 

We pull into Panera and pile out of the cramped car. Poor Panera has no clue what's coming for them as we walk through the door. 

Kass excuses herself to go to the bathroom while I take this as the perfect opportunity to ask, "Alright, what's the plan for tonight?"

"Becki said she'll pick up some pizzas on her way over," Kian says while staring at his phone, probably on twitter. Becki is Kian's girlfriend.

"Trevor and Sam are bringing streamers to hang up. You'll keep her in her room while we hang those up, which shouldn't be that hard for you to do, you know, distract her," Ricky taunts at me.

I must be blushing whens I call them morons, because they laugh it off just before Kass gets back. We order our food and talk at our table about random stuff. The car ride home is a repeat of driving to lunch.

My job, which is to keep Kass occupied in her room, starts now. I ask her if she wants to unpack and she answers sure. We walk to her room, her walking in front of me, and I look back at Ricky. We both nod in agreement that we both know what to do.

Kass looks at me as we stand before the pile of 12 boxes total, 4 suitcases of clothes, and another section of the floor designated for all her small furniture. "Are you ready to tackle this beast?" she asks. 

"I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready," I say/sing mainly just to annoy Kass because Top 40 (especially that song) is not really her favorite kind of music. 

She gives me a pissed off look, which I know she can never be at me, so I laugh, which makes her give an even more pissed look. 

"Okay, stop. Let's start opening some boxes. Did you bring scissors with you?" she looks around and sees no scissors, so starts to walk toward the door to get some. 

"Woah, woah, woah," I say, racing her to the door and blocking the exit. "Let me go get them, and you can start planning on where everything will be put."

She gives me another look-one that more says 'you weirdo', but I duck out of the room and grab two pairs of scissors. I come back to Kass's room and she's walking around, picturing in her mind where to move things to. 

"Hey, so do you want me to just take a box and open it?" I ask. 

"Um, sure," she nods. "Put whatever's in the boxes on the bed. I'll figure out where to put it from there."