"No problem! Really, it was the least I could do to help."

"Still, I have a surprise waiting for you up in your room." He said in a voice only I could hear.

The surprise, I saw minutes later as I entered my room, was a bottle of my favorite wine along with some flowers and a card, the latter two being from his wife. "So sweet." I say as I pick up the phone to call and thank him. "You are awesome, Sir!" I say laughing.

"Anything for my new favorite person. Would you like to enjoy it now? I can send someone up."

"No. Since I am only here for the night, I will take it back home."

"Of course. Well, let me know if you need anything else. Have a good night."

"You too."

I hung up the phone and fell back onto the bed. I thought about watching TV, but what I really wanted to do was take a shower and relax so I reluctantly moved from the bed and into the bathroom. I was partially undressed when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said not even bothering to see who was calling.

"Hey!" Came an all too familiar voice causing my heart to skip a beat.

It is a real shame what this man does to me."Kai! How are you? To what do I owe the honor of this phone call?"

"I am good. Sorry, I know this is short notice, but I was wondering if you could help me out tonight?"

"Oh, I would love too, but, I am in Washington D.C. until late afternoon tomorrow." I am pretty sure he could hear the pouting in my voice.

"I heard. I tried to reach you earlier and when you didn't answer, I called Greg and he told me that you were already on your way down here."

"Oh, wait, I don't understand. Wait- what do you mean "down here"?" I was really confused. Suddenly, there was a knock on my door. "Really?" I grunted. "Hold on Kai, there is someone at my door. Just a moment!" I put my shirt back on and made my way over to the foyer.

Maybe it was Jay with more gifts.

"Yeah-" I stopped short upon seeing the person standing before me. My eyes went wide slightly as my heart jumped up into my throat. "Kai? You are here?"

"Yes. Did I catch you at a bad time?" He asked me sheepishly, although the smile on his face seemed to tell me that it was all an act.

I stood there completely dumbfounded unable to move or speak. Even when he started laughing at me it didn't register.

"Are you going to let me in, or should I just stay out here in the hallway?"

"What? Oh, sure." My mind screamed as I forced my feet to move backward. It was at that moment that I realized I was still holding the phone to my ear like an idiot. I cringed while groaning to myself.

Kai snickered as he walked past me. "I wasn't going to say anything. So, I take it that I am not catching you at a bad time?" He asked stopping in the middle of the floor to look around before his sight settled on the view of the city from my window. He let out a low whistle. "Nice!"

"Tell me about it. It's great to be loved by the hotel staff." I said with a grin as I folded my arms. "As for the part about catching me at a bad time, not really. I have only been here for about thirty minutes. I was thinking about calling it a night. Enough about me though, why are you here? I never did hear the answer."

"It's fate, really." He said making his way over to the dining area to take a seat. It amazed me sometimes at how comfortable we were becoming with each other. "I was called upon to come here this morning, so I boarded the first afternoon flight from Boston. Much to my surprise after speaking with the client, she asked if I knew you. That's when I called to ask if you could join in on a conference call or possibly come down tonight to join me at an event. Imagine how excited she was when I told her that you were already coming here this evening?"

"Are you talking about Rena?" I squealed when he nodded. "Oh my god, I LOVE her! I was actually going to call her in the morning hoping to meet up for lunch. What is Garren doing working with her? He doesn't tell me anything anymore." I said with a sudden pout.

"Believe me, he misses, you. I think he threatens that Jonathan guy at least three times a day and he low-key hates me for recruiting you as my guide. I get threats about once a day, but only because he and I are childhood friends. So, what do you say? Will you join me this evening?"

I knew that I probably shouldn't, but it was so tempting. Not to mention Kai is looking reallycute right now.

Then I remembered how I wasn't supposed to hang out that night almost five months ago, and it ended up being the best night ever. There is also the small issue of how I simply couldn't say "no" to this wonderful, charismatic, absolutely sexy representation of the male species. I felt obligated to uphold tradition.

I threw up my hands in mock exasperation. "Who needs to relax and get ready for launch day tomorrow? I don't!"

"Yes! That's my girl!" He said as he stood up and crossed the room to where I was standing wrapping his arms around me, lifting me slightly off the floor as he spun us around.

He smells so good! I thought as I practically squealed in his ear as I quickly grabbed onto him out of some childish fear of being dropped for falling down. "What-? Kai put me down!" Of course I ended up sounding girly and breathless and I momentarily became embarrassed as he put me down. "Wait. I don't have anything to wear! How am I going to go out looking like this?"

"What do you mean? You look great."

I rolled my eyes. "This is not "hitting the scene" attire. You already know that I can do much, much better. I only brought something for tomorrow and I had to buy that while I was in the airport waiting for my flight, and since it's Rena's function, I will need to look like a celebrity. What am I going to do?" Suddenly, I became very aware of how close I was standing to him and that he was still holding on to me. I reflexively moved away.

Is it me, or did he look... Nah. Cut it out Gabe.

"I guess we will have to go shopping." He said suddenly. "Let's go." He ordered as he grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the door.

"Kai!" I couldn't help but to laugh at him. "I need to get my purse, Sir." He reluctantly let me go with a grunt. I collected my purse and turned off the lamp. "Ok, now we can go."