Chapter two: Hate Mondays

Hey guys..sorry for the late update
Studies got me busy
Imma make it up to y'all
Xoxo_

I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid)
To take a stand ( To take a stand)
Everybody (everybody)
Come take my han-...

"Yepp there it is..that loud ringtone again" I mumbled to myself
I took my phone out, from underneath my pillow after what felt like 5 hours of searching for it while 90% of my body was still asleep. I was too annoyed to even look at the caller ID when I quickly answered it..

Abby

"Yeah!?" I shouted, still half in my sleep.

Dad

"Where are your manners young lady?" Dad said, with a strict and yet humble tone.

"Oh shoot!"I jumped up the bed so quickly as if I was pricked with a needle on my bottoms.

Abby

"Oh hey " I said that scratching my head and ruining my already ruined forest hair. "Hey daddy, whassup...I mean what's going on around there" I bit my lower lip as I realised how bad my 'trying to show respect after the terrible greeting' was.

"Missed me alre-"

Dad

"Oh cut it Gail" he said now with a sweet tone " You know we all miss you baby girl, I was just checking up on my girls.Your mother has been telling me to call you every after two hours, she says she can't survive a day without hearing your voices. Are you treating each other good there?

Abby

"Yes Daddy, we are doing just fiiiinnne" I said that emphasizing a lot on the word 'fine', knowing very well that I was lying and I kind of felt the need to tell him about my big argument with Zelda but chose not to, simply because I don't like it when my parents interferr in our business and even if they did,they would still take her side so nahh, waste of energy.

Dad

"Okay my baby, kiss your sister for me okay?..oh and I'm sorry to ruin the morning feeling but aren't you running late even though the time in SA and the time in the states is not always the same but something tells me that you overslept.

Abby

I chuckled while taking my wrist watch from the dressing table " haha daddy you like jok-ohhhh shiiiiit!...I mean shoot the shoot boom haha daddy love you gotta go bye!" I didn't even wait for my dad to answer when I dropped the call, I know, disrespectful ugh he'll understand.

I ran to the bathroom and did my things and came back running like a headless chicken I've never really seen a headless chicken running around but I'm pretty sure I was going to get the part if I had just auditioned for it.

Okay okay! Lotion?..oh yeah lotion..
What am I gonna wear??what am I gonna weaaar?????

Ask Zelda

I'm not gonna ask Zelda

Ask Zelda

Yeah my sister always dresses to kill. I mean I also dress to kill.. sometimes..I have my days okay? Actually my problem is that I need time. Time to try on the first, second then third outfit oh and fourth. It really depends on the weather,my mood and the event. So since it looked a bit chilly outside and the sun wasn't really sure whether it wanted to come out or not I wore my torn, black one button high waist jeans that hugged my curves perfectly and because I don't like showing my curves I put on an oversized white T-shirt written 'whatchu lookin' at ' in small black print. I was busy admiring how Tom-boyish I kind of looked when I got back to my senses.

Oh yeeah I'm late!
Uhm my hair..I paused infront of the mirror as I looked at how terrible my hair look like.

I had a very big curly Afro,slightly trimmed eyebrows, long eyelashes(natural) and  greyish eyes but no one really knew the colour of my eyes except for my family and some children who knew me since middle school, I never really liked showing my greyish eyes so ended up putting dark brown eye contacts .I always had my eye contacts on. I didn't like the colour of my eyes because I was easily picked on back at home by my some of my peers and they would always change my name from Gail to Greyyl.

Okay so my name is Abigail Phelo Johnson but most people call me Abby and some call me Gail and then my second name, Phelo is a South African name meaning  last born. Yepp I'm the one who was born last from all three children, who could've been four. I have an older sister and an older brother both working so I'm the only one schooling.
My mom is half Jamaican and half South African and my dad is American, I know I know rainbow child that explains all the different features I have.
I was born in South Africa, that's where my whole family used to live until my brother moved to Brazil and my sister and I moved to the US about two weeks ago, that's when she found a really good job this side that pays a lot more money than the her previous job, she works at a nursery school as a teacher.

So I moved with my sister because my family thought it was the best decision. Not that my opinion was even considered in all the decision-making and that's not the first time so I just stop fighting it. I sometimes felt like this was a chance for my sister to have her own family since she is 27 years now and maybe I'm kinda in the way, can't really wait to get my own place and finally breathe and also let other people breathe.

You know that's another thing that hurts about being a last born, sometimes my opinions don't matter because nah ' she's a child'.
At times I wouldn't argue with my siblings because they were older and I didn't really have a say. Now they always think they are right because I argue with them and I'm not saying that I'm never wrong, everytime when I'm wrong I apologize but I only hear them say sorry probably once a year and not because they admit they are wrong ,maybe because they just didn't have a choice but to say sorry.And I don't know why because I've always been good to them.

I've never been that mean small sister that whenever something goes wrong 'I'll tell mommy'.
I just always kept quiet about it, like when my Zelda made out with her boyfriend in her bedroom instead of him helping her to study. It happened like nine or ten years ago but my parents still don't know about it then she spanked me for telling my cousin Anna who was five years younger then her and I still didn't
tell a soul about what she did.
Or six years ago when I caught my brother making out with Anna and almost took it very far, obviously I laughed at them but I still
didn't tell anyone.
-
-
-

"Oh my word what is wrong with you!" Zelda shouted from downstairs " I'm running late man!

"Okay okay I'm done woman!" I shouted while running down the stairs and I ran past her then took an apple from the bowl that was on the kitchen island. My first amazing bite of an apple for the day was ruined when I had to stop half way the bite and look at my sister who was glancing at me with total confusion.

"Whhaahh?" I asked her with irritation and the apple still in my mouth which made me sound like I didn't have a tounge.

She looked at me up and down and I did the same to her.
"You know, I really don't understand it when people say we look the same, are you sure you're my sister?" she said with a disgusted look on her face.

I just turned around and walked out the door, I was busy in my own thoughts than to be dealing with my sister right now. I was still pissed about yesterday's argument, now she just wants to act normal and wait for me to say something that's gonna make her laugh..oh please I'm too late to be nursing her moods. And yes my sister and I look the same, if she wasn't ten years older than me then we would definitely be twins (haha obviously).
The difference between my sister and I is that, she is taller obviously but I'm kind of below the normal height of a seventeen year old,kind of.. I'm not short , I'm just not that tall, okay maybe not short short short just yeah the normal height..but a little bit lower. Zelda is more light skinned than I am, she's like light caramel colour skinned and I'm like little dark caramel colour skinned.
She has hazel eyes and a curvicious body and I'm just yeah almost there.

Zelda is a normal girl and I'm just...almost there