Chapter Nine: Way Back Home

💙Funneh's P.O.V.💙
Kim left the house couple minutes ago. I could tell from her expression that she was in deep thought. She's probably going to tell the rest of the Krew and let them decide.

I sighed and opened the window, letting some fresh air in. My feelings were messed up, and I feel like trash right now.

The fresh air seemed to clear my mind, make me think better. I breathed in and out, inhaling the sweet scent of roses at Betty's house two blocks away. The wind felt good on my face, and made my cozy home feel less like a hole in the ground.

"I wonder how you guys are doing right now..." I muttered to no one but myself. I pictured Alec at school, with Kyran and Evan. What were they doing? Are they having fun without me? The thought made me sad, I wish I didn't have these stupid powers. I'm missing out on the best years of my life.

Then I thought about the Krew. I wonder how our lives would be if we never discovered these powers. If we just lived as normal people and never went on such adventures. But that thought made me feel empty. Most of my favorite memories were made on those adventures, I had so much fun. I'll never get the feeling of that rush of adrenaline when we encountered monsters of the unknown, the feeling of triumph from slaying a dragon!

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't change a thing for the world.

******************************

"Timber!" Rainbow yelled, as a tree fell down behind her. I inspected the tree, it was big, but we would need maybe 2 or 3 more trees?

"Great! Now we need to drag it back," I sighed the last part. Living in KrewCraft could be hard, but it would be worth it for the rewards. Rainbow groaned and motioned to Lunar for help. Together, the three of us dragged the tree back, of course, we used our powers for some assistance. Don't look at me like that, it's called using your resources.

Gold waited for us at the entrance of Krewtown, along with Draco. We dropped the tree in front of them, breathing heavily.

"Magic sure takes a lot outta you," Rainbow panted. Lunar scoffed, "I held the most! I saw you slacking off, Rainbow!" Rainbow laughed sheepishly and took cover behind me, Lunar snickered then laughed, as so did the rest of us. We were bound by blood, and love.

"Alright guys, me and Draco will help you get this back," Gold offered. Draco whined, "Do I have to?" Gold gave him a stern look, "Yes, now c'mon! It'll be night soon!" I looked at the sun, which was just beginning to set. The sky was painted a pinkish gold color, with a splash of orange. As the sky was farther from the sun, a medium shade of purple took place, followed with dark blue. I can already see the stars.

"Wow, this is heavier than I thought," Draco grunted, holding a part of the tree, "Who cut this tree?"

"Me," Rainbow responded, "I thought this would be enough for the day, but Funneh said we needed more."

"Well, do you want to make a town hall?" I countered.

Draco chimed in, "But, Dracotown already has a town hall. Can't we just use that?"

"NO! Draco, if you had enough time to make Dracotown a town hall, then you can pitch in and help us make one for KrewTown. Don't forget you owe us for taking down those pillagers for you," I huffed, it was hard to scold Draco and hold onto a humongous tree.

"I didn't make the town hall! I told my villagers to do it!"

"Then get your stinking villagers and HELP US!"

"I CAN'T!"

"Why not?"

"When we were away on that adventure with the Gang, a dragon came a killed most of my villagers! I suspect it being the golden dragon before it met it's death."