Chapter Eight: A Call in Need

💻Alec's P.O.V.💻
I frantically read the orders aloud. So many were coming through my head spun. Eventually, I let Evelyn take over and I helped out the others. But as I handed the phone to Evelyn, she had a judging look on her face. Her eyebrows raised in suspicion, and her mouth was curled into a frown. Her eyes had some meaning behind it, whatever the meaning was.

I walked pass her, a shudder went down my spine. Something was off. I could tell. Was there another reason Evelyn came to this trip? Was it to keep me in check? My stomach churned in unease, did she know I helped Yandere?

I rolled up the blankets into my inventory, it was cool that we could do that. Now I had more space for most things. Although, once I get to used to this, I'm gonna start trying to open my inventory at school when I don't have one. The thought of going back to school made me nervous. Going back to America had some risks. For instance, if Yandere escaped from jail, she could rat out on all the things I did. The Krew already knew, and the last thing I wanted was all of YHS to know.

"Alec!" Aly waved in my face, "Hurry up! There's a dragon coming!" I shook out of my thoughts and continued packing. I felt the eyes of Evelyn on my back. She was watching me, I could feel it.

I came here to escape the guilt and stress, and now it's like it's haunting me all over again, I thought. I took grasp of a couple pillows and placed that into my inventory. We all worked in silence, except for Evelyn reading off the comments on Discord.

"Alright, some of them are saying when a dragon comes, you should stay back and fire bow and arrows at it for safety," she read aloud, "But using a sword is usually more powerful and quicker to defeat it."

Evan stopped, "So anyone got bow and arrows?"

"I only have potions," Senpai said.

Aly unsheathed her dagger from Lunar, "This is pretty much what I have."

Evelyn brandished a ninja star, "I could use this...."

I rose my hand, "I have poison arrows and a bow." I looked down at the bow. It had a purple aura around it. When I held it, it sent shivers up my spine, it made me feel safe, and powerful.

"I have a bow too, and silver arrows," Kyran called.

Evelyn looked at Kyran, then me, "I hope you two know how to aim."

"Uhhh," Kyran held his bow, practicing it.

I shot an arrow, it pierced through a tree and hit a rock, cracks formed from it. I was shocked, this bow had deadly accuracy, and power. I gulped, if I accidentally shot one of the Gang, they'd never survive.

Senpai looked taken aback from the bow. He stepped a little farther from me, not that I could blame him.

We heard a nearby roar, and smoke filled the air. I coughed, covering my nose with my sleeve.

"Maybe we should just run," Kyran suggested, shaking.

Evelyn stood up in defiance, "NO. The Krew will come back soon, and they will come back here to look for us. We can't go running around and get lost in such a dangerous place."

"She's got a point there," Evan said, "But when will they come back?"

Evelyn didn't respond, earning tension and unease from the rest of us. I cleared my throat, scanning the terrain for any shelter. The sun was now gone, making it harder to see anything. But then I noticed fire off into the distance. And roaring. Then it seemed to spread, one by one, more fires pooped out of nowhere, and the roaring grew louder and louder. The fires seemed to get closer too. Panic was the only thing in my mind.