Chapter 4

The Fairy Tail members then proceeded to tell Anna about everything that had happened since Kiara had joined the guild, as they finished explaining Anna sighed.

"I was afraid they would come after her, my hope was that she would be protected in your guild. Clearly I was right, however I had no idea that people would come for her so soon." She said, a worried look on her face.

"Please Anna, can you tell us about Kiara? Why these people are after her." Lucy questioned.

"Very well, it only makes sense that you know the whole story." Anna said looking at the guild members before her. "Kiara as you might know, is the result of a forbiden love between Leo the Lion and a woman named Almaia."

"So she's half Celestial Spirit?" Erza questioned.

"Yes, her mother was a very tallented young celestial wizard. She had contracts with Leo and Aries ever since she was a child, but she had always been close to Leo. Soon she fell pregnant with his child, and knowing that such a relationship was forbiden she gave her keys away to her most trusted friend. Karen Lilica." Anna said and Lucy winced.

"She trusted Karen?! Didn't she know what she was capable of?" Lucy questioned, Anna however held her hand up.

"Karen wasn't always the way Leo knew her, she became that way through jealousy. She hated Almaia because of her close bond with her spirits, she envied her and so took her anger out on the spirits. And you know how that story ended up." Anna continued. "Almaia came to the villiage that I was staying in, and when I met her I knew exactly who's child she was carrying. The amount of magic energy flowing from her womb was extraordinary, there has never been a case such as this before. So I told her I would protect her and help her to take care of her child."

Anna sighed as she recalled more of the story.

"When Kiara was born, moments later a crimson Leo mark appeared on her leg. Showing her mother that she was the child of a powerful zodiac spirit, Almaia however suffered a lot through the birth. As such she would never be able to use magic again, and up until the end she fought against Magical Defficiency Syndrome. But in the end she passed away." Anna finished feeling tears fill her eyes.

Everyone sat dumbfounded, Kiara had gone through a lot in her young life. But from the look on Anna's face...she was far from finished talking.

"Because of Kiara's heratage, people have been after her for a while. They are planning on forcing her into a zodiac key, through this they plan to take over the Celestial Spirit world." Anna said her face grave.

"Take over the spirit world? Is that even possible?" Grey questioned.

"They plan on making it possible, Kiara's body is capable of living in both the human world and the Celestial Spirit world. However when she does use the power of Regulus, her body tries to force it's self back into the spirit world to re-charge. Which is why it takes her so long to recover her strength after using that power, without the benefits of the spirit world...I wonder how long she'll be able to live here healthily." Anna said, tears filling her eyes. "We need to stop these people from getting their hands on her."

"Of course, do you know who these people are?" Lucy asked resting her hands ontop of Annas.

"Yes, they are members of a Dark Guild known as Broken Key. I just hope that you'll be able to find them before they find Kiara, I can't imagine them getting their hands on her." Anna said wiping tears from her eyes.

"I have a question." Grey spoke looking at Anna. "How would they even turn her into a full celestial spirit?"

"Unfortunately that's one thing I do know,  I don't know much about them. But their attacks on her have confirmed my suspicions. To become a full celestial spirit they will need to separate the two halves of her body, the spirit half and the human half. As there is no way to do that, the only way is to kill Kiara." Anna said with sorrow laced in her voice. "Once her human soul dies, the celestial spirit part of her will link onto anything similar to a celestial key. Then she will be forced into the spirit world, under the contract of whoever sent her there."