Chapter 8: Entry Letter ℬ

After looking at the tape where someone was recording herself, (Y/n) quickly went back to her mother's house and everything seemed to be genuinely normal, besides papers in a circle in the middle of the living room.  They all were the same weird and creepy little messages that seemed to be copying themselves meaning none of these were good for information.  Just childlike drawings with small little threats on them about it and nothing more.

As she went into her room, (Y/n) immediately grabbed her duffle bag and found almost all of those tapes of hers were gone.  Out of rage, she through the duffle bag aside and threw the nearest object out the window, which was odd because she hardly ever got this mad.  But there was some kind of satisfaction in it that only grew in her chest as she became less tense.  Yet at the same time, it wasn't her.

The little daze was over in a blink of an eye as (Y/n) noticed that inch by inch that she was moving closer to the window.  Quickly, she backed away and went back towards the bag of tapes and looked for the one with the letter 'B' on it. Eventually, (Y/n) found it and put it into her camcorder and began to play it.

(̵̨̟͍̘͕̲̬̪͕̘̠͋̓̓͐̒̚͝Ț̸͇̆̉̈́̒̈́̄̈́̉͝͝a̶͍̣̝̮͚͔̓͊ͅp̴̧̹̗̹̒̃̊̌̆̇̾̐̒͒̏̋̕̕ę̸̢͇̪̞͍̹̗̯̮̪͍̮͙̌̄̿̀͛͌̓͆̃̏̀͝͝ ̷̢̡͖̥̘̬̮̇͌͋͗͗̀ͅR̸̞͈̼̲̓̽͒̍́͑̕ǫ̶̢̥̼͈̼͓̰͕̫̣̙̂͠͝ľ̴̤̮̓́́́̉͝l̶̛̘̊̉̇̿̔̏͌̀̓̚̚͠ǐ̵̻̞̜͌n̶̼̣̥͔̣̯̯̮͉͑̊̌̃g̶̪̫̥̙̼̔̀̄̽̃͂͛͠)̴̨̡̛̼̥͚̖̭̫̎̓̍̽̓͐͋̋̈́͝͝͝͠

There was a crashing sound of things falling down and being thrown around, but it was unknown what it was since it seemed to be coming from the other room.  Not long after, (Y/n) walked into the bedroom again and placed her backpack on her bed as she shut the door.  She cracked the window open and turned on the lamp that was on her desk and started to write something on a piece of paper.  She then turned around and showed it to the camera and it read "I lost my voice so I can't talk".

(Y/n) then erased what was on there and started to write on it once more, but took more time with it.  For a while, she started at the paper and then erased some of it again and then wrote some more.  "I lost my voice due to yelling and shouting at a concert with some of my friends.  Also, supposably I need to share some details about my friends so I guess I'll start with Christina".

For a long time, she wrote as much as she couple in a few minutes and then she lifted the paper up again.  She coughed quietly for a while and then held the paper properly again so it was viewable. 

"I've known Christina for a while, since around the fifth grade and she has always been there for me and vise versa.  We hardly ever fight but when we do it does get kind of nasty and doesn't always end well.  She is always very reserved and responsible for everything and is also a great listener and not just in a conversation but in general.  Christina is my closet friend and I don't want to lose that bond because I know I'm starting to change".

(Y/n) turned back around and got another piece of paper to write on.  This time she didn't write as long but you could tell that she put thought into what she was writing. 

"I have another friend named Alice who I hang around with whenever I can.  She's a lot more extroverted than both Christina and I combined and is a lot more talkative and defiantly had a big mouth.  She can also be very critical and judgmental towards others and certainly has a huge temper".

Looking down at her paper, (Y/n) sighed and just looked out the window and leaned back in her chair while tapping her foot lightly on the ground.  There was something bothering here that was not being shared and whatever the noise was in the distance could be the reason why she lost her voice.  Looking back at the camera she pulled her chair closer and sat in front of it and began to talk.

"I have hardly any other friends now because of a lot of things that I've gone through.  I will admit I'm not as happy as I was before but that shouldn't change who I am, I guess.  At least that's what people say to me."  (Y/n) said in a groggy tone and rubbed the side of her head.

"I know I should be taking this more seriously but it's been a few weeks since I've done this.  It feels somewhat comforting but I also feel so much more alone and hopeless.  The only person who actually understands me is Christina, not even my own mother."  And just like that, the door busted open and (Y/n) fell off of her chair and quickly scrambled to get up.

You could see the side of her mother but not all of her.  She seemed to look like a normal busy financial woman, but that was wrong because on her ring finger were several engagement rings.  Only one of them was actually given to her recently and all the others were from past fiancee's. 

"What the heck are you doing?  I told you to get going on your homework and then quickly get dressed up to go to dinner with Tony!  What do you not understand when it comes to following simple instructions?   I work my *** off all day to return home to you acting up!"  (Y/n) just let the woman she called her mother just continue on to speak her mind and not letter her share anything to explain herself. 

Yet, she doesn't even know about the counselor she has.

"Mom I—"

"Don't "Mom I" me!  You know exactly what you're doing!  Now come on stop slacking and just get ready for all I care."  She then slammed the door behind her and just a picture hanging from the wall broke. 

(Y/n) jumped to the sudden sound and looked to it and dashed to it as you could hear her failing around with the frame and glass.  As she stood up, (Y/n) held the picture close to her chest and then laid it down on the desk and then slammed her fist on it.

"Mother!"  (Y/n) screamed as loud as she could before the tape had ended.

It later came back up again to see (Y/n) laying on the bed as she began to play with something in her hands.  The object could not be seen as only the small lamp lit up part of the room.  But the one thing that was really odd was how she had a brace on her ankle and nothing was said about it.  Quickly, (Y/n) realized that the camera was on and just longingly sighed and walked up to it to turn it off. 

But it didn't happen, instead of loud footsteps we're coming down the hall and she quickly turned the light off and hopped into bed.  Her mother rather loudly opened the door and looked into the room for quite a while before helping herself in.  She then looked at the camcorder and grabbed it.

(̸̹̝͙͇̲̞͖͛̃̾̄̇̂̈̿̃̎̔̀̽͘̕̚T̵̢̛̛͓̮̫̦̩̭̥̲̘̤̺̟͇̾̓̕͝ă̸̻̪͖̰̫̥̍p̶̗͕̩̻̻̝͉̲͑̃͛e̶̮̳̝͕̞̗̟̯̅̓͐̍̀͗́̿́̚͘͝ ̴͙̲͕̹̪̈́̔̓̿̒͆͋͌́̓͌̕͠͝Ę̴̢̙̲̻̺̞̟̥͍͕̰̳̞̈́́̑̆̏̒ņ̸̡͚͚͕̯̝̫̃͒́͛̒́͌ͅd̶̼͕̲͚̳̙̱͙͗̎̀̋̿́͜e̵̛̛͚͓͈͓̟̹͕͙̳̬̹̥͕͐͛̀̽̆͋̈́͝͠d̷͖̫̘̯̦̺̤̭̫̣̩͎͔̽̆̾̃̈́̒̈͑͋͑̂̚̕͜͝)̵̞͉̫̟̯̥̹̲͔̂̃̍́̽́̍͆̔̄̃̕͝

After reviewing it for a while, the only thing that was important that (Y/n) got out of that was, she hardly remembers this ever occurring and maybe her mother was worse than she thought.  Also, the fact that her past self told that she lost her voice due to a concert was a lie.  Never once would her mother allow her to go to a concert and rather she could've lost her voice to yelling at her mother.

Some memory of this part of her life did start to roll back into her brain but nothing that grabbed her attention.  But one thing that (Y/n) pondered over was why were these so important?  They seemed to be meaningless just like those weird papers. 

But that is what they appear to be, just pointless.