Chapter 7: Confusion

The pain throbbed through her body, making it feel impossible to stand let alone sit up. (Y/n) counted to three and sat up and quickly clutching her head as if there was a tight band around her head only gradually getting tighter. Shakily, she noticed that she had a pill bottle in her hand and without even thinking, she took a pill. It took a while to swallow them as her throat felt dry and had shrunken.

Looking up at the sky, little raindrops were falling, but she couldn't feel them let alone any body part. If anything, besides her aching skin and muscles, (Y/n) could only feel the warmth of her own blood slithering down her skin like a snake. It felt nice in a way but at the same time, it felt oddly unnerving. The last thing that she could remember was going into her mother's house and then to her room.

The only solution that she could think of was that she had sleepwalked all the way out here, but (Y/n) thought she had taken care of that. Rubbing her temples, she could feel the tightness go away quicker than she thought than a normal Tylenol would. When looking back at the bottle, it wasn't a Tylenol but something different and mysterious. Anticonvulsants, she thought in her head, but they looked more like pain killers.

Once the pain was pretty much gone, (Y/n) attempted to stand up and she did, but it took a lot out of her. The was a huge pond to the right of her and never-ending trees engulfing surrounding her at every angle. The sight of the trees was definitely intimidating but after a little bit of experience with this kind of issue, there was some hope of getting out here.

The clouds were covering the sky which means no sun as a mist started to form, and it wasn't night so stars won't help right at this moment, but there was another way. Stretching without trying to hurt herself, (Y/n) walked over to a nearby tree and grabbed it's bark, trying to keep balance.

It was pretty clear that whatever happened wasn't going to stop until she could find some kind of solution to prevent this from happening. If not, well, there was definitely going to be a problem and it was only going to get worse as time goes on.

Without opening her eyes, (Y/n) could feel the tree's moss on her right hand and the roughness of the wood on her left. Looking up she knew that the side of the tree with moss was north and the opposite side with no moss was south. A small sigh of relief escaped her lips as she started to head West back to where her mother's house should be.

With each step, she took (Y/n) had this lingering feeling that something was following her or was watching her. It made her clutch her wrists and be more alert and ready if something was to come. Hoping that wasn't even the case and it was just paranoia, but there was a chance that there was someone. Just that small possibility triggered memories that (Y/n) didn't want to remember.

(Y/n) stopped and started to hyperventilate as her heart started to pound rapidly in her chest. Looking around everything was water-like as it moved in a rhythm from side to side to up and down. She then squatted down on the ground and tried to catch her breath but she could hardly absorb any oxygen making her panic more. Frantically (Y/n) looked around for any sign of the monster but there was no sign of it.

"Everything's ok, nothing bad is happening, you're just being too paranoid, please just chill out!" It wasn't long after (Y/n) began talking to herself that she began to calm down and feel the air being sucked down her throat.

As (Y/n) stood back up she once again begins to walk to go home, all she wanted to do at this point was to get out of her mother's place. But then it hit her, what if all of this was her mother's fault and somehow she brought this thing into her life. If she did this partially explains why she neglected her and wanted nothing to do with her.

It's not her.

Turning her head there was nothing, but she heard the voice of a man, where was it coming from? It was dark and low with a very sinister tone that could make any person feel their skin crawling and the hairs on the back of their necks stand. Then there it was as it began to taunt her and laugh but there was no sign of a person. The only thing that came to her mind was to run.

Can't run; can't hide.

Still hearing its voice, she was determined to go leave and when (Y/n) saw a silhouette in the distance, her heart leaped for joy. But it quickly faded as the building wasn't her house it was a small shack looking about ready to fall down. In the distance, it seemed pretty large but closer up it was about half the size of her mother's house. It was pretty disturbing and when walking in there was a small staircase leading you down to the actual floor which was dirt.

There was an empty chimney to the right of her and a table in front with a couch on the opposite side of the chimney. It was cleaned off and there were some small food crumbs meaning, there was someone here recently. There was another set of stairs and when (Y/n) made it to the fourth stair her foot went right through the wood. It took a while to get it out but once she did she only went the rest of the way up and stayed on the stairs instead of entering the top floor.

It was pretty empty besides a mattress with a camcorder on it and that's what urged her to go get it and take the risk. There were holes on the floor so she made sure to watch out. Grabbing the camera, (Y/n) checked to see if a tape was inside but there wasn't. This made (Y/n) really disappointed but there was something sticking out underneath the mattress. It was a piece of paper that read "I SAW YOU. I SAW EVERYTHING."

There was a tape underneath it the mattress as well and instantly (Y/n) knew that this was footage is of whatever happened before she had woke up. Reluctantly, she put it into the tape in the camcorder and began playing it.

"I'm gonna regret this."

"I regret everything."

"I knew I should have done it when I had the chance."

—•—•—
The cover of this book will be updated and thank you for a little bit over 200 reads.  It means so much :).