Chapter 3: At Last

Looking back at Holly, she only smiled and waved as she got into her car, and (Y/n) returned the gesture by a small nod.  Opening her door, that same scent of pumpkin pie was still there but only faded.  It gave back many memories of when she did live in this house during the production of Marble Hornets while going to college.

Walking into the kitchen, she could still see both Alex and Jay talking and laughing amongst one another, sitting on the left side of the table.  Brian and Tim, on the other hand, were sitting on the right side playing with cards, assuming to be playing blackjack.  (Y/n) could also see herself talking to Seth while his dog started to jump on herself and Jay, back and forth like she couldn't tell who she liked better.

Wrapping her arms around herself, (Y/n) slightly smiled to the nice little memory, but when it faded she immediately felt empty.  Sighing, she left the kitchen and went across the room the living room and she froze, something wasn't right and it was very noticeable.  The last time she was in this room, Tim said he was only going to come over to say goodbye, but that's not even close to what really happened.  All that happened was yelling and shouting along with Tim either kicking or throwing furniture.

Even though Tim was having a meltdown and being kind of overdramatic, (Y/n) still stayed strong yet felt as if she were being split in two.

Fluttering her eyes, eventually (Y/n) got back to reality and saw that the room wasn't a mess anymore, everything was in its place, there was not a thing in that room that was off-centered.  But that's not what it looked like before but at this point, it was starting to get hard telling what did and did not happen in her life now.  Clearly, (Y/n) can't even remember her own life.

(Y/n) rushed to her room and saw that everything was the same everything was still so bare.  All that was left was a desk and a bed with only a mattress on it, along with a decently big stack of boxes on top and beside the bed. 

She opened each box and when she got done with looking through all of them, her stomach growled and as she started to go out the door when her eyes landed on the closet beside the bathroom.  She firmly opened the door and saw two boxes, one fairly heavy and the other as light as a feather. 

Opening the one to the left, the box had a bunch of tapes and some were labeled, others were still in a case not to be touched by anyone.  The one to the right had a file in it and the first page was an address that seemed oddly familiar and the rest was these weird, disturbing drawings with small messages on them.  Also, there was a unused camcorder in there as well.

Looking at the address more carefully, (Y/n) noticed that it was on the way to her mother's house.  Gripping the piece of paper and looking back at her bedroom she went to her room and grabbed a new yet old duffle bag that she had gotten long ago.  (Y/n) put all the unknown, baffling items in the bag, along with the camcorder and shoved it under her bed.

Not yet, you have to stay here in town for just a little while longer before you go out in the middle of nowhere and solve this conundrum, (Y/n) thought to herself. 

(Y/n)'s stomach growled once more and she just sighed and smiled to herself and went back to the front door.  There, she laid a couple of grocery bags on the ground full of food to last her for about two weeks, along with all of her luggage and other necessities.  Looking at her options she decided to make herself some mashed potatoes with some carrots and broccoli, that would do good for tonight.

~•~•~€~•~•~

It wasn't long until she had finally gotten into bed with a warm blanket that covered all of her body and almost the whole bed.  The sound of crickets was peaceful and the stars twinkling brightly never got old.  In New York, this never happened, and that's one of the cons, in (Y/n)'s opinion, about moving to a huge city from a state where nature and open fields can stretch on for miles.

To be honest, there were a lot of things that (Y/n) missed when she first moved to New York and still does.  She misses being able to see nature at its fullest every morning and breathe in the super fresh air and hear the birds gracefully tweet.  She missed the nice people around town and the full-fledged country folks with their southern accents and tempers.  She also misses her friends, and to be specific, her ex-boyfriend to be exact. 

"I'm sorry Timothy, but I guess it was for the best."  (Y/n) paused and looked towards the small window in her bedroom.  "I hope you understand why I did what I did someday."

Rolling over to the side of the nightstand, (Y/n) turned her lamp off and drifted off to sleep.  Maybe after all the hassle that she had to go through today, maybe she could get a good night's sleep for once.