twenty

»»----- ✼ -----««

"We're here!"

»»----- ✼ -----««

As soon as the two entered the cafe, they were greeted with many "hello"s and "welcome"s.

It was obvious that Felix was there pretty frequently, many people knew who he was and what he wanted.

"Where do you want to sit, Innie?" Asked Felix, staring down at their connected hands. He didn't know why he felt so indifferent about being so close to Jeongin.

On one side, Felix was ecstatic. Jeongin was here with him, holding his hand, treasuring him like he always seemed to do. He was so happy to have someone like Jeongin this close to him and willing to take care of him.

On the other side, Felix still felt like he was betraying Changbin. He knew that Changbin didn't feel exactly the same way he did, but Felix still felt he had a chance. Changbin could get over Felix's "flaw" and maybe the two could be together.

"Anywhere's fine, Lix. I'm just glad I get to be here with you." God. Jeongin was really trying to kill Felix or something with these words.

Since they had left the dorms, Jeongin just seemed to get more and more suave. Of course this could totally be in Felix's head as Jeongin felt like he was a complete idiot around the older.

»»----- ✼ -----««

Felix and Jeongin had finally decided on a place to sit down and have gotten served.

"So, why did you want to come here?" Asked Jeongin as he took a sip of his Americano. When he ordered the bitter beverage, Felix grimaced. He preferred a sweet drink. So he got an iced caramel macchiato.

"Well, I wanted you to meet someone. And you can only meet them here." Felix wasn't nervous for Jeongin to meet said someone, but if they didn't like Jeongin Felix wouldn't even bother getting closer to the younger.

"Well when can I meet 'someone'?"

"Be patient, sweetheart. Finish your drink. We're in no rush." Felix teased, a soft giggle escaping from behind his lips.

Jeongin loved hearing Felix giggle and tease him, but it was so different than what he was used to from Felix now. He was so accustomed with taking care of the older that he almost didn't want the older to treat him like he was younger.

"But Lix, Baby, Kitten, I wanna know!" He whined, pouting at Felix, causing the smaller to laugh hysterically.

"I said no! Now finish your Americano!"

»»----- ✼ -----««

Jeongin may or may not have chugged his Americano. Felix couldn't help but laugh at the sour face he made and gentle coughs after he finished the bitter drink.

"Can I meet this someone now?" He asked with a pout. Felix melted. He didn't know what to do with this. He was such a cutie.

"I guess... But I'm not really feeling like moving right now." Felix was only teasing, but Jeongin took it so seriously, he stood himself up and picked Felix up out of his seat without hesitation. He was well aware of the fact that Felix was in a skirt, so he was sure to keep a hold of the edge of the skirt to avoid flashing everyone and their mom. It was that kind of observance that made Felix want to be with Jeongin. He always felt safe around Jeongin.

Even though he was more red than a tomato, Felix told Jeongin to bring him to the front desk and put him down. Jeongin did all of that. Except for putting Felix down. Jeongin kept the older in his arms. The older did fight it though.

Felix finally gave up on getting out of Jeongin's arms and just looked to the lady at the front desk who was stifling a laugh to keep from drawing anymore attention to the two. "Can you get him?" Felix asked. The attendant gave a nod and went off into a different part of the cafe.

She returned with a small Bichon Frise came out from behind the back doors of the cafe.

Both Felix and the dog visible stood taller upon seeing each other. Jeongin got the hint pretty quickly and put the older down to watch him kneel down a bit and catch the Bichon when he jumped at him.

Felix turned to Jeongin with a grin, the dog wearing a similar grin. "Innie, meet Prince."

»»----- ✼ -----««

Prince seemed to like Jeongin, which made Felix feel so much better about getting close to him.

The dog was currently sitting comfortably in Jeongin's lap, his tongue hanging out as he tried to balance the heat that Jeongin was giving off. Felix didn't really realise that Jeongin was a heat box, but that was probably because he was so comfortable with the warmth.

The younger seemed to be pretty focused on the dog, and the older was pretty focused on the younger. Felix didn't even realize that Jeongin was looking right at him while he was staring.

"So, Babydoll, what have you been thinking?" He asked, causing Felix to jump a bit. He didn't notice that he hadn't really been talking. He'd more a less just been watching Jeongin interact with Prince.

"I-I guess I'm just glad?" He didn't mean to sound like he was asking a question. He was really trying to be more confident around Jeongin, but being this close to the younger and seeing him in this way made Felix feel so small and so little.

"Are you okay, baby?" Asked Jeongin, placing Prince down and moving closer to Felix, Prince yapping at the older's feet.

Felix could feel himself tearing up, but he didn't want to ruin the makeup that Hyunjin worked so hard on for him. He was just so confused and so stressed, but he knew he couldn't slip to avoid this. He needed to be fully aware of everything that was happening. He needed to be fully aware of his own feelings.

"I just don't know what to do, Innie." He admitted, twiddling his fingers to see if he could avoid slipping.

"Tell Innie what's wrong, Kitten."

"I just don't know what I'm feeling! I just— you're confusing me so much. I thought I was in love with Changbin. I could have sworn I was in love with Changbin! But then you were all sweet and gentle and caring when I needed you!" Felix gave up on holding his tears back and let them run down his freckled cheeks.

"You took care of me when I didn't even want you to and you were so understanding whenever I told you something. I just want to try something with you." Felix continued crying, not even bothering to wipe away his tears.

It didn't matter though, because Jeongin was already wiping away Felix's tears ever so gently. "And why can't you, Baby?"

"Because Binnie—

»»----- ✼ -----««

"Forget about Changbin."

»»----- ✼ -----««

»»----- ✼ -----««