Lost

Wait, hold on, the sun is going down? That can't be good..the road is empty, there's no where to go.

"Alright, let's head back," Alexis says, "since the truck was parcked this way it means that it came from the opposite direction. We should walk this way," she points with her finger at the road that stretches endlessly ahead of you.

Kevin sighs, "if only we got our phones back! We could've called for help but now we're stuck out here and it's going to be night soon."

"At least we don't have two mad men chasing after us!" Alexis argues.

"Yeah but which is better? Being kidnapped or starving to death? I'm lowkey hungry." Kevin fights back.

"But you're hungry and alive," Alexis says.

"You know what? You're right! I should be happy because I'm not dead yet," Kevin says, triggering her.

"You won't last long with that stubbornness of yours, anyway!" She says and gives him a nasty look.

"Uum, guys?" You finally speak.

"WHAT?" They both explode.

"I'd hate to interrupt whatever it is you're doing, but we've got company..." you say. Sure enough, the same vicious truck is coming your way. It's very far, but it's coming.

Alexis lets a serious and frightened expression take over her as she says, "run."

"Why are you just standing there? C'mon," Kevin says, not mad.

You all go back into these doomed woods, not caring which way the road is anymore. You just wanted to get as far away as possible. At least you're together. You feel your face getting wet; is it sweat? Did you really run that much? No, it's coming from above. Rain.

"If we don't go back now, we'll lose the footprints, a.k.a. our only way out of here," Kevin notes while trying to catch his breath.

"Keep running!" Alexis says, "trust me, we'll be okay."

You trust her.

There is no sight to any soul other than you three, so, you all stop running.

"Maybe they didn't come for us," you say, "there's no way they could have spotted us from that distance, through glass, even."

"It's not about them seeing us, it's about them knowing that we will get out of the forest sooner or later," Alexis says. Somehow, it sounds like she always knows that she's right.

The rain continues to pour above your heads. The three of you stand facing each other in silence. None of you knows what to do next, you could be doomed for all you care.

"Come here," Kevin says, standing by one big tree, "this will protect us from the rain.

You join him first, Alexis takes a second and then marches to where you are. You can't escape every drop of rain but it's fine because you don't have to wipe your face every two seconds.

"My clothes are wet," Alexis says, "So is my hair..." she takes off her hair band, puts it in her pocket, and squeezes the water out of her hair. She then assembles a new pony tail.

You and Kevin ignore your hair and clothes because what's the point? It's still raining.

"I'm hungry," She admits, looking guilty and embarrassed.

"Aha! See? I wasn't the only one," Kevin says and laughs. She lowers her head in shame. "Hey, it's okay. I'm ah.. I'm sorry..for arguing and if I ever made you feel bad.."

"It's fine," she says, impressed, "I'm sorry, too, if I was ever acting bossy or mean."

"Hey, what about me?" You say.