CHAPTER VIII

The only thing that Honoree was thankful for, is that no one bothers to asked common questions about her. Why does she have a curly chestnut brown hair and deep blue eyes. Why does she looked taller than a normal japanese girl. Why does she look foreign. What is she doing in Japan and at a shinto shrine at the very least.

Yes, Kenta had mentioned earlier that she doesn't look like a pure japanese but that's the only time she was asked regarding her appearance. The servants around the mansion doesn't even look at her with peculiarity that she was used to. It was as if, for the first time after the four years she arrived at this country, she feels like she belongs. Is that supposed to make me happy? Honoree thought. Knowing that this place doesn't look like Japan at all. What's worst is that she realized that she gets the attitude she desire not from normal people but from deities. Kitsune spirits with the body of a human.

When Honoree woke up, she was informed by a girl named Matsuko to go to the dining hall as soon as she had prepared herself. The family was there and will be waiting for her to join them to her first dinner. She offered to help Honoree wear a kimono of her choice but Honoree said that her clothes is just fine. Instead of changing into one, Honoree just combed her hair, put off her scarf and straighten up her clothes. The mobile phone on her pocket confirms that the place is nowhere in the world. She went downstairs with Matsuko on her side.

Honoree glanced at the window in the hallway and realized that its already dark outside. She had a refreshing sleep earlier. The flesh hungry zombies from the movie they watched last night crosses her mind and she wished that Ayame-chan is with her, Ayame will surely like the sakura trees below. Honoree wondered if the time here is really different from the time of her grandfather's.

All the lights at the grand hallway are seems dancing. She can hear soft murmurs from the door behind and she suddenly feel nervous.

"What are you standing there for?"

Honoree turned around and saw Yuuji with his arms crossed on his chest. He changed outfit. He was wearing an elegant blue shirt and a simple trouser. He would have been more attractive if he's not frowning, Honoree thought.

Honoree looked away, irritated.

The door slightly opened and she saw the family Matsuko was referring to. They looked exactly as she have seen them on the paintings at the lobby. A young man marched toward her and smile. He has six tails and he looks very handsome in a pink kimono.

"Hi there!" he greeted. "I am Toshi, the second son. You must be Hono-chan. My brother's wife."

Honoree doesn't know what to say. She felt her cheeks growing warm. Toshi flashes a boyish smile, baring his white teeth. "I'm sure Kenta-kun have told you something about us when you saw the paintings at the lobby, this is our big brother Minori-san."

Minori glanced over at Honoree and nods without any expression. Toshi put one arm around Honoree and guide her to her seat.

"She's a total beauty Yuuji-kun, whenever you get tired of her, you can give her to me." Toshi teased. Honoree's cheeks was all red by then.

"Shut up!" Yuuji barked. "And please get your hands off her, what will the others think?"

Toshi held up his hands in surrender as he took a seat across the wide rectangular table, facing Honoree. He was her instant admirer. Hours earlier all the kitsune spirits in the kingdom thinks that Katsumi was the most beautiful creature in existence and now someone like Honoree came, with the potential of even surpassing Katsumi's legendary beauty. Toshi wondered what will Honoree looks like in a traditional kimono with her hair fixed. Honoree felt uneasy with his gaze.