Chapter 25- Stay in Alice Academy (Day 3)- Part 3

Start from the beginning

To find what you seek

In this haunted mystique

Follow the arrow's hand

From where you stand

I was confused but nonetheless, followed the arrow. I arrived on a table in the middle of the dimly lit hallway. Above it was a flashlight, a folded paper, and a piece of card with a note.

Do not use your power

In this darkest hour

Follow the map with a red X

You will come upon a close chest 

I unfold the paper and surveyed it. It was a map of the whole haunted house. Who knew it was this big? Anyway, the red X was in...the bathroom? An image resurfaced in my mind and I shivered.

"I've watched enough trailers of horrors like this." I muttered as I wrapped my arms around myself. Getting a good look around, it was even creepier than I thought.

THUD!

I swallowed back a scream and ran like a blur to the bathroom where I will find the next note.

~**~

I arrived at Class 2-B, specifically, the door. I was hesitant to go in actually since...you know. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door in one swift move and slowly entered. It was dark but after a while, I got used to it. I heard a soft gasp to my left with my enhance senses and out of impulse, I got into a fighting stance. 

"Whose there?" I was tempted to use my Alice but in the first note, I was not suppose to use them; and sensing people's aura was one of the perks without my powers but for now, I'll settle with my  senses. Besides, it would be unfair.

A light lit up, the cause is from a candle, and someone whose familiar was shown. I refrained the urge to widen my eyes from surprise.

"Anna?"

Yes, the first person who wanted me to fall off a cliff and die. Sure she was under the control of a demon but that is too much.

The pink haired girl nervously laughed. "H-Hi." Then averted her gaze downwards. 

I relaxed my stance. "What is the meaning of this?" In that moment, Anna's breath hitched. Inwardly sighing, I can guess where all of this is going. 

"L-Listen-"

"I already forgive you."

"But my apology is not enough!" She suddenly exclaimed.

My eyes unconsciously narrowed. I guess Karin wanted to erase their memories tomorrow, huh. I  crossed my arms across my chest.

"And why did you come to that conclusion?"

"We've said all those horrible things to you! I wished you will fall off a cliff and die! We called you unspeakable names! We abandoned you...when you suffered for us." Her voice trailed off into a mere whisper but I heard it. 

"Listen, Anna. It was not your fault-"

"But!"

I took a step forward. "You were controlled. It was not you who spoke, it was those demons. Now for once, accept my forgiveness, because I'm beginning to hate that word!" Were they still not  over it? Seriously!

Anna tried to held back her tears and approached me, the candle in her hand. She reached out with a paper in her hand. "Here's the next note." I took it and read,