11

daniel's head turned up and down the hallways before settling on a brunette boy standing near his locker. a smile formed on his face at the sight of his soulmate and he walked over, wrapping his arms around the younger boy.

"hey z." he said quietly, his smile only growing wider when he felt the other's hands rest on his arms.

"hey dani. you're awfully affectionate today." zach commented and turned around, a matching smile on his face as well.

"it's a good day." daniel responded with a small shrug of his shoulders, smirking as the boy in his arms scoffed.

"it's always a good day for you, you sunshiney-weirdo." zach pointed out, his eyebrows raising knowingly.

"last i checked, this 'sunshiney-weirdo' was your soulmate who you adored." the older boy joked and held him closer, their chests pressing together.

"adored is a strong word." a smirk tugged at the rosy cheeked boy's lips and his soulmate scoffed.

"well whatever. can we at least see if you can adore me on a date tonight?" daniel finally asked the question he came over to and watched as zach's cheeks went pinker than usual.

"a d-date? t-tonight?"

"only if you want to!" daniel rushed, suddenly incredibly nervous about all this as well. "i mean, of course it's your choice and you don't have to-"

"i'd love to." zach's voice broke through his stammering and a smile formed again. daniel hugged zach tightly, feeling the shock of the younger for a moment before he slowly gave in and hugged him back.

"i'll pick you up at seven, okay? i've got something special planned." danie whispered into his ear, subtly placing a kiss on his cheek before pulling back. zach was left with a smile as the older boy walked to class, a wide grin set on his face as well.

"what're you so smiley about?" jack asked as he walked up next to his younger friend, his demeanor noticeably darker than it was on most days.

"i've got a date tonight." zach whispered breathlessly, the shock of the situation still setting in just as he turned to his friend and frowned. "what's up with you?"

"corbyn has a date too." jack mumbled bitterly. zach frowned and patted his friend's shoulder out of pity, bringing him under his arm.

"well i'll help you get your mind off of it. you can come over and help me get ready this afternoon!" zach tried to lighten the mood and brought him down the hall.

the curly haired boy groaned and shook his head, allowing himself to be dragged away. "fine, only because it might get my mind off of... him." 

destined || zaniel ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें