08

it was way later into the night when people were finally starting to leave. jack was relieved until he found corbyn leaning against one of the walls of the bathroom.

jonah and eben has left a little bit before, they were spending the night at jonah's. zach and daniel left with the crowd, but jack didn't miss the smiles on both of their faces.

and that left corbyn. the blond was often one to get lost at parties and show up later, most likely having had a couple of drinks. but this was the worst jack had ever seen.

"corbyn what happened?" he asked, concern laced in his voice as he helped the blond off of the wall, immediately feeling the weight of the older boy leaning against him for support.

"lots of people, lots of drinks, lots of spilling." corbyn slurred out and rested his head against jack's shoulder, his eyes slipping shut and he let out a small sigh of content. "you're reeeeeeeeeeally warm, jacky."

"well you're not going home tonight." jack chuckled and put his arm around corbyn's waist, feeling the fabric of his long sleeved shirt being damp. it was probably booze, he did say there was a lot of spilling.

"yay sleepover!" corbyn cheered before he buried his head into jack's shoulder, mumbling nonsense. the curly haired boy chuckled in amusement, ignoring the heat rising to his cheeks as he supported the blonde up the stairs to his room.

they stumbled into the bedroom, jack due to the weight of corbyn who was almost asleep against him. he set the blond down on his bed but kept him sitting up, going to find another shirt for corbyn to wear.

"i love you, jacky." corbyn mumbled and jack felt himself blushing even more. he moved away from his dresser and approached his friend, going down in front of him to tug the end of his shirt.

jack slowly pulled the booze-covered shirt off of the nearly-unconscious boy. corbyn mumbled something incoherent before his head dropped, taking the rest of his body with him as he fell onto the mattress below.

the curly haired boy shook his head in amusement and sat up the blond, putting one of his oversized shirts over him before letting him fall back into the sheets. jack pulled the rest of the older boy's body onto the bed with an admiring smile on his face. he was about to step out when something caught his eye. a mark on corbyn's wrist.

jack couldn't help himself, his curiosity got the better of him and he lifted the blonde's arm slowly to look at the marking on his wrist.

they had never seen each other's soulmate tattoos. crazy for best friends yeah, but corbyn often wore bracelets or a watch on his wrist so it was hidden. granted, jack did the same thing so he wasn't better, but it was just something the two boys never got around to or paid much attention to. until now.

the younger boy's breath started to become unsteady. he looked at the mark on his best friend's arm in disbelief, rubbing his thumb along it like it would just wipe off. it didn't.

his mind went hazy but his body took over, slowly pulling his right sleeve down to reveal his own tattoo. he shakily held it up next to the other's wrist. the image of a solar eclipse on his wrist matching corbyn's perfectly.

jack dropped his arm and looked at the resting blonde's face in shock. his best friend was his soulmate, the one he was destined for. and they'd never known.