forty two

It's the Homecoming day today.

For the past days, I've been trying to ignore Taehyung whenever I see him around our floor. It wasn't hard to ignore him though, since Eunwoo volunteered that he'd accommodate Taehyung and would only bring him to me if Taehyung asked him to - which he didn't.

I'd be lying if I tell myself that it didn't disappoint me a bit.

So today, in our Homecoming, I don't know how I'll avoid him since we have the same circle of friends.

Jungkook arrived at exactly 4 in the afternoon outside my apartment. He immediately took my backpack and slung it on his shoulder before I locked my door.

"Excited for tonight?" he asked as we walked towards the elevator

"Not really." I told him truthfully, "Just nervous."

"Did he talk to you after your cute little late night drive from the club?" he teased.

I told Jungkook about what happened outside The Island the morning after. He called me to say that their plan of getting us back together might be working faster than they thought it would take Taehyung. They didn't even think about me since they already knew I want him back, even if I, myself, don't know that I want him back.

"He didn't. I didn't even see him after that day so don't get your hopes up, Kookie." I stuck a tongue out to tease him.

Once outside his car, Jungkook opened his side of the door and placed my backpack in the backseat, where his own black gym bag is placed too.

I smiled while looking at it and said," You really like my gift that much? You've been using it ever since I gave it to you 2 years ago."

Jungkook started the engine before replying, "It's my favorite." He smiled at me. "Since it's from you."

I shook my head, "Here we go again with the flirting, JK."

"What? Afraid you'll forget your feelings for V and be replaced by me?"

"Maybe.." I joked.

I saw him smile before looking serious again as he drove us to where our story started.

University of Seoul

Just seeing the University's name already brings back memories.

"Are the others here already?" I asked Jungkook when we got out of his car.

"Namjoon's a professor here so he's already waiting for us in his office. I dunno about the others though." Jungkook brought his jacket out and handed it to me. "Wear that. It's going to be really cold later, I don't want to go back here just to get you a jacket." he said, a serious tone in his voice while his eyes narrowed to emphasize his dislike.

I chuckled. He knows me too well already for thinking ahead that I'd borrow his jacket when I get too cold. Jungkook only rolled his eyes at me as I wore his black jacket.

"Come on now, Kook. Let's find them." I held his hand and pulled him towards the entrance of our old university.

There were already a lot of people gathered in the university's grounds. Groups of people were already drinking yet I couldn't see familiar faces.

"Are we going to Namjoon's office?" I asked

"Yep. That's where we'll meet the rest of the group too."

We found Namjoon typing on his phone all while he's smiling like a little high schooler who's texting his crush.

"Kim Namjoon!" Jungkook yelled to surprise him. Nsmjoon literally rose from his seat before he realized that it was JK and I.