thirty-one

I’ve been contemplating for the whole night after I waited for him to finish his shift which led to me, in this early in the morning, to send a message to Eunwoo for us to meet later for dinner to talk about our plan for the first time. 

After classes were done, V and I went to the rooftop to study for our long overdue quiz for a major subject; our professor didn't have enough time to give us the quiz before exam week started, which sucks big time.

"Taetae, I'm going to meet with my parents later after school.." I lied, trying not to meet his eyes by pretending to read my notes.

"Where?" I heard him say

"At one of the famous restaurants here in the city. I forgot what it's called."

V nodded, a tight smile on his face, "Call me when you get back in your room. Okay?" 

"Okay." I smiled, even though it hurt lying to him. 

V went to BTS around 6pm so I had to wait for 10 minutes after that to meet Eunwoo at a store near our uni, he was waiting for me there with his car.

"Hi. Thanks for agreeing to meet me here." I told him as I went inside his car

"No problem, Soo." Eunwoo replied with a croaky voice.

"What's with the-" I stopped midsentence as I finally took a good look at the boy beside me. "You're sick." 

"No, I'm not." the boy wearing a face mask said, "I'm completely fine." Eunwoo coughed. 

"why didn't you tell me? I never should've told you to meet me tonight."

"It's okay. I wanted to see you anyway." he said

"Why?" I asked. 

"It's been a while.." he replied, "And I want to talk to you about something.." 

Once inside the restaurant, we ordered our food before proceeding to what our main goal for the night was. 

"So Eunwoo" I started, "You sure you can talk to me today?" He nodded. To make sure, I pressed my hand on his forehead to feel his temperature and boy, was he burning. "You're hot.." 

I saw his eye smile, "Thanks."

"I'm not joking, Eunwoo." I smacked his forearm

"Heey.. That's not how you treat a sick person.." he said in a childish tone

"We're leaving after we eat dinner." I said firmly. "I'm taking you to your house so you'll get treated immediately by auntie." 

"Do you even know where I live?" 

"I'll.. Ask dad about it." 

"Alright.." he sighed, "I'm sorry. Can we talk about our problem tomorrow?" 

"Yes, of course." I tried to sound that it's fine with me even when I've been itching to tell him what I've been planning to do

Since I drove Eunwoo to his house, one of their drivers drove me back to our university before curfew.

The next day came fast. 

"The quiz wasn't that hard, right?" Jimin asked after we got out of our last class for the day.

"It's kinda hard for me.." Jennie pouted, "But that's because I wasn't ready for the quiz." 

"Since you stayed at BTS just to talk to Yoongi." V said, making me and Chaeng gasp in shock. 

"I thought you went to the library to study!" Chaeyoung said

"Sorry?" Jennie said, "I just thought that maybe Yoongi could be my lucky charm and that by seeing him, I'd pass the quiz."