A few steps outside the club, where there aren't any people, I heard footsteps behind me. Ignoring the footsteps, I called Taehyung. In just one ring, he already answered my call. "You okay? I'm on my way there now."

"Actually, you don't have to go here anymore. I'm on my way to the parking lot now. I'm sor-"

"Jisoo" I heard someone say my name from behind me.

I was startled by the sudden voice that I dropped my phone, which resulted to ending the call before I even got to pick it up. I turned around and saw a familiar face.

"Sehun!" I exclaimed. He gave me a lopsided smile. It was pretty obvious that he's drunk; with the way he was barely standing and his eyes which were almost closed. "You're drunk. Are you trying to get to your car in that state?" I asked.

Sehun slowly walked towards me, "I've been trying to approach you back there. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Do you have anyone with you? You should call them before you pass out."

"You still look pretty even after all these years!" He said, "Sucks that I didn't ask you out when we got married.." He chuckled.

"What are you talking about.." I asked in confusion.

Sehun wobbled before reaching me so I quickly ran towards him to support him. Sadly, he was too heaby for me to carry so it's hard for me to keep him standing straight.

"Jisoo.." he slurred and stood in front of me, "I'm so glad I saw you again."

I let out a nervous laugh, "Yeah, I'm glad I saw you here too. It's been a while."

"I.." He said and tilted his head, looking at my face as he did so. Within seconds, his face was already a few inches from mine. "Jisoo, I-" I backed away from him, a little nervous of what he might do. However, Sehun stepped closer until his face was once again so close to me.

As my mind was still processing what he was planning to do, someone suddenly punched Sehun on the face, causing him to fall down. Before I could even react when I saw his nose bleeding from the punch, the man who punched Sehun was already on top of him and gave him another punch on his other cheek.

"Taehyung, calm down!" I tried pulling him away from Sehun

"Sehun!" another voice came, causing me to whip my head towards the direction where it came from.

Running towards us, Chanyeol looked really worried. "What happened?" he asked, pulling Sehun up.

Taehyung was about to give Sehun another meeting with his fist when I held his hand to calm him down. "It's just a misunderstanding."

"Jisoo?" Chanyeol recognized me and looked at Taehyung, "Oh! V! You two are back together?"

I was about to say no when Sehun mumbled, "Yeol, I saw Jisoo. I saw her again..."

Chanyeol took a look at Sehun before asking Taehyung, "What exactly did this guy do now for you to punch him?"

"He was about to kiss Jisoo!" Taehyung said through clenched teeth. I could feel him breathing hard while he's looking at Sehun.

"I'm sorry, Jisoo, Taehyung." Chanyeol apologized in his friend's behalf, "He's just too drunk right now because of work. Sorry for my friend."

"It's.. Okay.." I reassured him, though I'm not really sure if it's fine with me.

"I'll get him back to his place now." Chanyeol said, "See you this weekend? You're both coming to the homecoming, right?" I nodded. "Goodbye for now, then! I'm sorry for causing trouble. He deserved the punch, anyway."

When the two were already out of earshot, I let gk of Taehyung's hand and faced him.

"You didn't have to punch him twice!" I hissed.

"He was about to kiss you!" he retorted back. "What else did that guy do to you?"

"Nothing! We barely even talked." I explained.

"Great. I came here just to get scolded then." He said softly but I heard it clearly. "I'm going home now. What a waste of time."

I mentally cursed as I thought of what I'm supposed to do now that he's back here, standing in front of me in the flesh. It was only the two of us, the perfect time to explain myself.

Yet I still couldn't.

He was about to walk away so I held his wrist to stop him. "Thanks."

"What?"

"Thanks and.. I'm sorry for getting mad at you for punching Sehun."

"I'll drive you to your house."

"I don't live with my parents now, Taehyung. I have an apartment and my car so you don't have to-"

"I'll call someone who'll drive your car back to your apartment then."

"Just who are you going to call?"

"Someone who owes me." He stated. "I met him just when I got back here so you don't know him."

"Oh.." I mumbled, "Just tell him to get my car back before 9 am. I have an important meeting to attend to tomorrow."

"Alright."

The whole drive to my apartment went quiet after I told him where my apartment is located.

Looking outside through the window, I imagined how my life would have been if only this idiot did not run away that night.