The Royal Family: 13

Andrew led me down a huge hallway, passed a kitchen, four living rooms, a study, a library, two dinning rooms, a huge ball room, and finally through an archway to a beautiful indoor garden in the back of the castle. Everything here was bright and vibrant. Nothing lacked color or shade, it was truly beautiful. I could definitely see myself living here. Honestly, I can see myself living anywhere, as long as Andrew is there. His hand left from my back and grabbed my hand. He was walking ahead of me, as if to shield me from them... weird. Stopping, Andrew spoke,

        "Mom, Dad, everyone, this is Kara." Taking me from behind him he let me on display as if I were a trophy, not that I minded, being gawked at was definitely flattering. With a tiny wave to the Royals, I took them all in. The court was all dressed casually; slacks, button down long sleeve shirts for the men and beautiful sundresses for the women with heels. But the two people that stood out most wore the most extravagant attire. The woman in a beautiful green gown reaching just above the floor, as the man sported, a similar shade of green; sports jacket, accompanied with black slacks. Both were wearing beautiful gold sashes and wore the most beautiful crowns. I was in awe. They were beautiful, the pictures and papers did no justice. This explains why Andrew is so darn good looking.

           The man stood straight and tall, his stalwart appearance towered a much smaller woman, as she stood short and plump, far from fragile. Her long dark locks were straightest I'd ever seen, while his black shaggy hair resembled a lot of Andrew's.

        "Welcome, Kara!" They all greeted at once. Waving again, I began to step back behind Andrew when warm arms grasp me from behind in the most welcoming hug I'd ever gotten.

           "I'm so glad you are finally here with us, where you belong! Welcome home, sugarplum!" I turned to face a more than excited queen. Her eyes were as Andrew's, deep grey and her smile so bright. Hugging her back,

          "Thank you, Your Majesty," managing to spit out the only words I could as I regained light again from my shock of royal arms embracing me. Her face fell into a pout as she shook her gorgeous straight hair in a 'no' gesture.

             "Call me Ella, we are family now, honey. You are royal too!" Looking back at Andrew who seemed more than pleased, his father slide in between his mother and I and hugged me, as well.

          "Nice to finally meet you, sugarplum," he pulled away with a kiss on my forehead. Sugarplum? Alright, I'll take it.

            "Likewise, my King," I smiled warmly, I believe sugarplum can grow on me. His face dropped just as Ella's had, I hurrying to change my sentence, "I mean, Samuel!" I screamed. Blushing from my outburst, they all laughed.

          Our visit with the Royals was normal. Crazy stories of Andrew's childhood and tales of his behavior. We had laughs like I was just meeting in laws and not people in power. It has been exactly two hours since our introduction and we were being led into the smallest of the two, huge dinning rooms. I had lost track of time so much so that I forgot I hadn't eaten all day and it was nearly night time.

                "How does baked chicken, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and a honey baked ham, sound for supper?" Ella's voice sprang from the giggles of all of our laghter.

          "Of course," I smiled in response. Anything right now to stop my growling stomach would be acceptable! Walking into the dinning room, Andrew escorted me to the seat next to him and pulled out my chair. While pushing it in, he leant down and whispered in my ear,

           "This, my love, will be your absolute favorite dinner." Shivering, as his trailed down my neck, through my spine, and straight to my core. Only Andrew could make me feel this way through words.  Only Andrew could bring me this much bliss without a single touch.

          I craved him. Food was the last thing on my mind now. Thanks so much Andrew.