Honesty is Bliss: 9

What was I going to do. Andrew's eyes never met mine but the puddle of tears that rest on our sheets was enough, the only movement Andrew made was to shake his head in a 'No' gesture. He was the Bachelor Prince they all claimed him to be. My attraction to Andrew was too over powering, too strong. This wasn't love this was the bound. I don't want this now. I want to know him. I need to know him. I need to trust him. The number of women he has been with doesn't phase me, it was simply a jealous question, I just want to know him without being forced to like him.

            I lifted myself from the bed and walked into, what I hoped would be the restroom... it was. I stared at the swallow eyed girl in the mirror. Her checks were flushed and dress torn. She was a mess. Someone so beautiful, at one point during the night, was no longer there. He had broken me. Honesty is bliss and my patience was running thin. So, I searched through the cabinets looking for anything sharp enough to break the bound. Just for a few seconds. Just to release a little pain.

           By taking a blade and drawing blood from my skin, my connection with Andrew would temporarily fade.  Something with the air mixing with my blood caused his wolf and mine to suspend the bond, but the only way for this to work is if it is self inflicted and my wolf has to agree, she did. Her pain was worse than mine. I was looking for honesty while she was betrayed, we just needed a shy breath of fresh air.

             Finding a loose razor blade on one of the shelves, I lifted it to my arm a torn the skin, again and again. I torn four long lashes in my arm, as I cried out in pain. The lashes would ensure me at least ten minutes of an oasis in my own head. The four lashes were deep, but as soon as the each dropped blood the bound would fade.

Andrew's P.O.V.

            I knew I had to be honest with her, but the shock of her question started me. My head shook in a 'No' gesture, signaling that she was the only one. She really thought I'd spend time with another when she was all I needed. My tears fail because she accused me of loving others, not because of guilt. They fell because she was hurting and my wolf felt her pain. How was I suppose to explain to her that I, myself, has experienced nothing more from anyone else.

             There was a ripping at my chest. The pain came from deep within and the pull was almost unbearable. My wolf whimpered as the bound between Kara and I began to slip.  Losing her would end my entire being.

              I forced myself off the bed and ran to the bathroom door. The fresh smell of blood broke through my nostrils as I began to scream as my wolf howled inside.

          "Kara, please, baby! Let me explain!" It took force but I broke through the door and fell to her. She had past out. The bound of a royal was much more intensified than that of others. The blood of the Royals were meant to be strong. Grabbing a towl I cleaned the blood. Luckily the bound was not severed because the last cut didn't leak. I bandaged her up and placed her in bed. I wrapped my arms around her body and held her tight.

          She fit perfectly here. Her body molded to mine and she reached over and hugged me. She was gorgeous. She is gorgeous. Her beauty was unbelievably genuine as she slept peacefully in my arms. All of me loves this women. The women I have known about for years, the women I have chased down, had followed, I watched her, the women I personally asked for to attend the ball, just to finally make my own. I knew she was my mate. I knew from the beginning. Men seem the figure it out sooner than women, something about puberty. But I knew her. I knew seeing her tonight but awake her beautiful wolf. I knew she'd gain her senses and she'd gain the link. I knew about her for so long but I wanted her to be twenty-one, to have lived out her life, and to be ready for the responsibility of the crown.

            As I admired her face I thought of how our life will be. Our children, our throne. The thought of children with my beauty continued to grace my mind while holding her. I love holding her. Loving her from a distance for so long was hard on my wolf and myself. Always wanting to claim her as she walked through the park or as she slept in her bed. Visiting my relatives closest to where she lives just to be near. To feel her near. Her parents were well aware of my presents, I mean I'm not a freak, but with me being a couple of years older than her, waiting just made more sense. And waiting for her I did, but I will wait no more.

          Honesty is bliss, now I just have to  wait till she awakes to be honest so I can share my bliss with her. The idea of children and so much love.