Chapter 10 - What This Is

Sting was barely allowed into the club. The only reason they let him in was because he told the bouncers he was your boyfriend, otherwise, they never would've let him in with his work uniform on. He had a black dress shirt and slacks with dress shoes. Not bad attire for a club, but his hair was disheveled and his winter coat wasn't on the fanciest of sides. He also smelled of barbeque and beer. A good combination on a hot summer day, but not in a club during a fashion show.

He waited for you at the bar since you were forced to do interviews and pictures with Brandish. You didn't like this spotlight at all. You thought being a designer meant working on your material day and night. You were realizing that in order to make it in the industry, you had to be a people person.

Brandish wasn't, but she was good at faking it.

Eileen's modeling friend, Dimaria, was more consumed by Erza than you. She still gave you her card and asked for you to call her. There was no way that was happening. Erza, being the socialite she was, saved you from most of the press and took your spot in the camera light.

"I don't think I can do this anymore," you whined to Sting and fell into the seat next to him. Ajeel immediately handed you another lemonade, since it's suddenly become your favorite drink of his. Other than the few shots he put in it, he also put a pump of raspberry syrup in it to make it remind you of a beach.

Sting took a sip of his coke. You could tell it was a coke from the fizz on top. "I guess we can't leave yet. They're cleaning the roads but all the trains are out."

"How are we gonna get home?"

He pulls out his phone. "Want me to call someone?"

You shook your head. "I can always ask Eileen," you suggest, hearing her wild laughter over the crowd. "Unless she's drunk."

Sting laughs. He was a lot more calm compared to you. He told you about Golem, the truck driver who gave him a ride. Then he told you about his trek to the club and honestly, you were lucky he got here at all. You were grateful.

You took his hand and kissed it. "I'm glad you're here."

"(Y/N)!" Eileen interrupts with her hand yanking on some poor boy's arm.

"Oh fuck."

Eileen shoves him and another boy forward. "This is Larcade and Wahl. They're Brandish's top picks for male models. Aren't they handsome?"

The boy names Wahl snaps back, "Shut the hell up Eileen, it was one time!"

"Shush, no one's talking to you," she pushes his shoulder.

Larcade. His wide eyes wouldn't leave your spot and his glued gaze was not something Sting was a fan of. The fact that he was here at all wanted you running for the hills.

"Hi, I'm Sting Eucliffe," Sting says with his arm reached out to Larcade. Killing him with kindness, you figured.

Everything was exploding around you. Why the hell would Eileen think that this was a great idea?

Larcade's attention shifts from you and back to reality. "Hello. Nice to meet you," he replies.

It wasn't nice at all. It was clear as day that neither of them could stand each other. Sting didn't need a name. From your reaction alone, he was well aware that Larcade was the one who kissed you. And Larcade didn't need an introduction, he knew Sting was this boyfriend of yours that had you pushing him away.

"They're going to be working with you on your next show," Eileen said, shocking the three of you. The last thing you're worried about is another show with Brandish. Now you had another show and Larcade to worry about for the next couple of months.