CHAPTER 2: On Your Mind

Start from the beginning

She nodded smugly, pulling it from his grip and popping it in her mouth in one go. He was beyond happy for her. His eyes, so identical to Somin's, were twinkling with delight. After a minute, a frown took back its place. "Hang on, you haven't even debuted."

"I told you, I got offered a shoot for that shoe wear in Itaewon last week."

He whistled, impressed. "My baby sister is growing up."

She rolled her eyes. 'Yeah, yeah go and do your work."

"Did you tell Mom? You should let her know." He leaned against the marble slab in their open kitchen, the urgency of the deadline of his work assignments slipped from his mind.

She shook her head, peeling off her mask slowly. "Nah, she doesn't care anyway."

He opened his mouth to correct her but she was faster. "Look, I'm very happy right now. Don't ruin my mood by mentioning her, okay?"

Seungmin sighed. He tried to break his big news to her right then but seeing her smiling blissfully to herself in the mirror, he couldn't bring himself to do it. He'd been struggling to do that since yesterday but something always held his back. He wasn't even sure if she'd take it positively. Sometimes he just wished things would be easier for the two of them.

Somin glanced at him from the mirror. "What's with that face?"

He forced a tight smile. "Nothing." Seungmin pointed at the LED. "When will you ever stop watching that sickeningly, sweet movie? It makes me want to throw up, you know?"

She piped. "It gets me every time. Their love is just so pure and surreal. I want someone like Lewis, you know. Who'd fight the whole world for me and---"

"Yes, you can spare the details."

"Well, don't blame me for falling in love with the idea of a perfect and happy marriage. You might not have noticed but our parents haven't exactly set up a good example, have they?" She shot back.

See? That's why I can't say a word. She still hadn't moved on from the divorce and all the abandonment drama. And it didn't seem like she had any plans any time soon. Sometimes, he was too worried for her. But then again, she was the only family he had left.

Leo twirled his tail around Seungmin's feet. Another worry occupied his mind. "You didn't tell me how Leo got hurt." He demanded.

Somin's eyes widened. She'd been avoiding the topic since the fan meet, that was three days ago. Even for herself, it was harder to digest everything. Never in her wildest dreams, would she have imagined that a guy she randomly met and fell for in a night club while being totally drunk would turn out to be someone so. . . so popular and flashy. Usually she would ignore that person if she ever faced them in real life.
Her only hope was that Sehun didn't recognize her as well.

"Somin, you're spacing out again." He scolded her.

She faced him. "Look, I've booked an appointment with the vet. He'll be fine."

Before he got suspicious, she changed the topic immediately as she trotted to her room, looking in her wardrobe. "I have to be at the agency in an hour. When will we leave?"

After a moment of silence, her brother answered with a low voice. "Actually, I'm really sorry. I can't."

"What??"

He smiled apologetically. "I have a deadline for tomorrow. But don't worry, I've asked Eunwoo. He said he'd be glad to drop you."

She scowled. "What, no! Eunwoo must be busy too. You shouldn't have--"