CHAPTER 2: On Your Mind

Dad joke of the day: If you see a robbery at an Apple Store does that make you an iWitness?

Enjoy reading :)

-------------------------------

'I, Lewis Kim, in faith, honesty and love, take you to be my wedded wife, to share with you God's plan for our lives together.'

"I do, I do!!" Somin's head bobbed up and down.

'And with God's help, to strengthen and guide me I will be a strong leader in our life."

Tears were glistening in her eyes. She smiled widely, her eyes fixed ahead. She was tightly clutching the water bottle-cum-bouquet. "Yah, I'm trying to work," An echo resounded in the apartment.

'For better, for worse, in sickness and in health, in joys and in sorrows, until death do we part. Will you take me as your husband, Jane?' He asked tenderly.

"Yes, yes, yes!!!" Somin screamed at the top of her lungs, while jumping on her couch. Leo yelped beside her.

A voice howled from the study room again. "TURN DOWN THE VOLUME, SOMIN!"

"I love you!" She yelled at the LED screen before her. She was watching her favorite Rom-com for the twenty-nine-thousandth time starring her favorite actor of all time. His hair was styled to perfection as he flashed his pearly whites to his bride as they kissed. After facing a whole two hours of struggling for the girl he loved, they were finally together. That was the kind of love Somin always sought. One that never wavered no matter what. For someone as complicated as Somin, it was a surprise how a simple 90's movie like'Infinity' became her favorite.

Exhaling out in ecstasy, she sunk back into the couch, singing along the track that was playing. The study room blew open, revealing an irritated guy in his mid-twenties. "I swear I'm going to kick your--"

Somin shrieked as the actor appeared on the screen again. "Omo, omo, oppa!"

Nam Seungmin cursed under his breath as he strode behind the LED, disconnecting the plug. He had no regrets because she watched that film thrice every year, probably even more. Sometimes his little sister got too much on his nerves. No, scratch that, she got on his nerves all the damn time.

"Petis tas de merde!" Somin shouted. "Why did you do that?!" [you little piece of shit]

Her elder brother smirked. "Now you see me? I told you I'm trying to work, Somin. Go and--eww. . . . what happened?" His nose scrunched in disgust, pointing at her. "Did Leo poop on your face?"

She smacked his bulky shoulder. "Shut up, it's my brand new olive face mask."

"Well, sorry to say, you smell worse than Leo's shit." He commented, his hand was delving inside the rice cake jar.

She snatched it from his hand, "It's mine!"

Seungmin stuck out a tongue in her face. "No baby, the law states the last piece is always for the one who bought it."

"But I bought it!"

He rolled his eyes, taking the rice cake from her hand. "Yea sure."

Somin propped her hands on her hips and laughed. "Well, mister, did I forget to mention that I've got my first pay?"

He gaped at her. Through the previous years, many people had signed with Somin, having been hypnotized with her visuals. It was usually food chains or accessory brands of small scale. They were quite cheap and fraudulent because they always refused to pay her after they'd gotten her to advertise for them. "Seriously?"