. a hit and run .

Start from the beginning

"You are too agitated to listen, so let me talk with reasons from a different perspective." Jaebum ignored his friend's glare and clenched jaw and continued to pitch his talk.

"A hit and run... From Jisoo's point of view, you abandoned her in a random hospital and now you are quitting all the projects she worked hard for, leaving her with double tasks, a broken arm, a bad ankle, and lots of medicines because you are a coward irresponsible jerk."

"I—"

"I swear I will lose you on the spot because my best friend isn't that shitty, are you?"

"Technically, yes, I'm the worst." Jinyoung should have expected the two punches against his biceps to run. "Ouch! That hurts." He whined, receiving the third.

"I'm serious, Jinyoung. Fine, you want to run? Do it after fixing the mess you are leaving behind." His best friend threw the last warning, and he couldn't say no. Jaebum won with his logical reasons, yet he needed time to deal with his newly awakened demons following his best friend's advice.

 Jaebum won with his logical reasons, yet he needed time to deal with his newly awakened demons following his best friend's advice

"Jisoo isn't going anywhere before next week, no buts. You only had one job Youngjae, what do you mean you have to submit reports? ... Let me check with Rose if she can help."

Jinyoung heard Mark's voice behind their shared room door. It had been two days since the incident, two days of him crashing in the studio without sleep continuous loop of hunted flashbacks, doing his and Jisoo's work to submit and follow up with their professors' stupid demands.

"Hey, Rose. Can you take care of Jisoo until five? Youngjae and I need to be on the campus. I know this is a lot to ask."

The moment Jinyoung entered the room, Mark turned to him with an unexpected, surprised look instead of his usual furious glare. He ignored it, making his way to the bathroom.

He stared at the mirror, warning about his reflection. "Don't meddle."

"Of course, I won't ask Jinyoung. My trust in him is negative infinity." He scoffed at his roommates' words. 'Of course he won't.' He took off his shirt, forgetting his towel. He twisted the doorknob in the most awkward, indirect confession he ever encountered.

"What the hell? Why would I step back and let Jisoo loves me when all I think about is you...oh... That's not..."

For minutes Jinyoung forgot about everything and all he wanted was to fall on the ground from laughing too hard at Mark's panicked expression, that was silently screaming. He should have taken a picture of his enemy's tomato face or maybe recorded the whole thing, instead of holding his loud laugh to save himself from a bullet in the head or a stab right into his heart.

He snatched Mark's phone. "Good morning, Rose. I will take care of Jisoo for the day and Mark will meet you at 10 to update you about our future fight. Bye."

Mark's mouth was still open in shock, panicking. "Have you been dragging me to Rose's office over the silliest fights just to see her?" Jinyoung asked with an amused smirk. "You aren't that smart, Mark." He tsked, looking for a towel.

"Shut up, I didn't mean to. Oh, my god... Out of all people on earth, why you?" Mark grumped, groaning in his hands.

"Fix it with a date or coffee." He hung the white cloth around his neck to take his long-awaited shower.

"Were you serious about taking care of Jisoo or were you just saving me from embarrassment death? because I don't understand both." The silver-haired boy's question made him stop for a second because surprise; he didn't get it either why he uttered those words so unconsciously when all he wanted was to avoid both instead of trapping himself deep in their business.

"Jisoo told me she fell off the stairs, and you happened to be there. Is that true?"

'She said, what?'

"It looked like a hit and run to me, yet you still stayed with her and texted me. But you also didn't take the advantage of the situation to flirt, which isn't you, so... What's going on?"

'How do I answer when I have no idea myself?' Jinyoung wanted to pang his head against the half-opened closet.

"Jinyoung," Mark leant against the closet with crossed arms next to him.

"Nothing is happening. She is my partner. We had a lot of work to finish, which obviously I won't do by myself."

Mark narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "Without your cringy flirts and tricks?"

"Dramatic question, but yes."

"I don't trust you, but I have no other choice."

"Me neither, especially after your awkward confession. You use me as an excuse to see her, huh?" Jinyoung's hand swayed the closet's white door back open when he caught a brown fit pullover.

He took it off the shelf, pushing it against Mark's chest. "This will look good with beige chinos. Get rid of your uncle's grey wide pants. No one like them."

"This sounded like a roommate's normal piece of advice. Weird." For a second, they shared a little smile with no fire glares or grabbing collars, just an ordinary conversation out of blue.

"Yeah, weird. At least it's credible from a certified playboy."

"Don't make me worry about Jisoo. Anyway, thank you." Mark smiled, hugging the suggested pullover. "I guess? It feels weird."

"Shut up. Go and meet your date," Jinyoung teased with a wink, leaving him to the bathroom.

"Take care of Jisoo and Keep me updated."

Jinyoung heard Mark on the other side of the door. He hung up his towel before turning on the shower. Adjusting it to a warm temperature, he stepped in and let the droplets run all over his body. Taking a deep breath, he ran his fingers through his wet locks with eyes shut. Out of the melted thoughts and blurred voices, one question lingered.

'How to take care of a sick person named Jisoo?'

Hello 🌷  What do you want to see in the next chapters?

Hello 🌷 What do you want to see in the next chapters?

Always reach your close trusted friends for comfort or guidance, they will be your brain 🧠