04 | inner child

on one spring day, at school

instead of hanging out with our usual band of friends, blacktan, on the schools rooftop

you suggested that you and i go to the cherry blossom tree on the far end of the school property.

and like anyone with a crush on you would do, i followed you, completely trusting you with whatever may happen there.

i don't regret going with you.

anything i ever did with you were all golden memories and nothing to be regretful about,

except that one part when you suggested we climb the tree to sit along the branch and have a nice lunch,

because i'm sure that day i probably gave you an upskirt and i would truly want to charcoal that memory but at the end of the day it's memories like that which binds us together, stronger, eternally.

at first we debated on who should go up first, either you or me because we didn't know which way would be the easiest to get me on there.

so, it was either you go up and pull me up thereafter or i go up with a boost from you but alas it was the latter.

of course, i was afraid of the idea of you touching me in delicate places or seeing things you shouldn't quite see yet but your thoughtful heart made things easier for me.

you lent me your blazer to wrap around my waist. i remember you unbuttoning it with a content smile over your lips and you spoke,

"don't be so afraid soo yeong ah~, i got you covered. literally."

you quickly moved over towards me, throwing the blazer around my waist, and i felt my heart thud.

another thud went off when you crossed the sleeves, then pulled on them, allowing it to settle on my slight curves and your body moved closer to mine.

i felt embarrassed, not only because of our proximity but because of any thoughts that may cross your mind about my body.

my heart thundered up a storm, when you looked down at me and your hands slowly reached to my waist, soon to settle.

"you're all ready to take flight."

your innocent voice hit against my skin, but somehow your body language didn't reflect that, or maybe i was just overthinking it. i'm not sure.