Chapter 4

Yoohoo! Told you I would upload soon! Anyway feel free to tell me any mistakes I made and enjoy the chapter!

After the visit to Gringotts, Ed was surprised to see so many supplies for one student. He had only gone to school till age 5 but even then all they needed was a book and a pen. Then again, that was a village school for farmers and sheep owners.

As they got the  last step they saw a man as tall as Armstrong, maybe even more. His face was almost completely hidden by a long, shaggy mane of hair and a wild, tangled beard, but his eyes could be seen glinting like black beetles under all the hair.

“Holy shit you’re huge”

Winry and Al might have scolded Ed if they themselves wasn’t gapping at the man.

“This is Hagrid, the Care of Magical Creatures teacher and groundskeeper of Hogwarts. He will help you in shopping things from your list.” With that he gave three Hogwarts acceptance letters to the trio.

“You will have an exam before the year starts to know which class you should start attending. I have heard many greats stories about your intelligence, Elric brothers. Ms. Rockbell also seems very smart for her age. I will be sending someone with the details of the exam in the next two month. We have made all the preparations for Amestrians to use and understand magic, even if they are underage, for this year”

“Wait, what do you mean underage?”

"Wizards aren’t allowed to use magic outside school until they are 17. There has been special changes that allow Amestrians to practice magic for the exams. Now, I will see you at Hogwarts in 2 month.”

Then with a smile and a crack, Dumbledore disappeared.

"Should I even ask how he did that?!" asked Ed.

"It's called Apparition," said Hagrid. "You'll learn that in your sixth year if you want. I never did learn it. Don’t think I would too, heard some nasty stories about it. Now come one, Ollivander’s right around the corner."

The shop they went to was narrow and shabby. Peeling gold letters over the door read Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC. A single wand lay on a faded purple cushion in the dusty window.

“You get your wand and I’ll get all your supplies. Think you’ll take some time. Older ones always do.”

And with that Hagrid went away leaving the trio in front of the old shop. A tinkling bell rang somewhere in the depth of the shop as they stepped inside. The first thing they noticed upon entry is how clustered and dusty this place is. The second was how quite it was.

“Is anyone here” Al asked nervously.

“Good afternoon” said a soft voice near Winry causing her to jump. An old man was standing before them, his wide, pale eyes shining like moons through the gloom of the shop.

“Amestrians, I see.” He says looking at Winry. “It seems there has been an increase of magic in your people. Can’t be surprised, with what all have been happening there I am surprised that the country still exists.”

The trio were shocked. Not even the citizens of Amestris had know what had happened on the Promised day and here is a foreigner talking about it so freely.

“Don’t need to be so surprised. I knew your father, you see.” The old man said to Ed and Al. “Actually, my grandfather knew him. Such a strange man he was. Helped us a lot for our business. And now comes his sons in need of our wands. The last two of Xerxian descendants.”

The Elric brothers squirmed a bit. They were not used to people pointing out their ancestry. The old man was also extra creepy with his wide, slivery eyes, like he was seeing something different from others.