Damn.

"Should I ask him to sleep on the floor?" Taehyung bit his nails in panic.

"But wouldn't that be weird? We're both male after all, so it's fine to share the same bed." He said answering his own question.

He looked around, finally regretting to have a king-sized bed at a time like this.

"Should I just ask him to go home? His house is just next door, so that would be fine, right?" He kept on nipping at his nails as he tried thinking rationally.

"But we used to do sleepovers before, so it's just okay to do it again." Taehyung groaned.

But that was before the kiss.

His mind suddenly butts in the conversation he had with himself.

"No.. No. Don't think about that. It's not the right time to think about that." Taehyung tried his best not to let his mind go back to the kiss they shared.

He had forgotten about it.

Totally.

Taehyung had been running over the thoughts in his mind when the door opened and in came the ravenette holding the cold disk.

Jungkook saw him biting his nails and looking so stressed out.

"I heard you talking from outside, thought you're on the phone." Jungkook uttered, almost making Taehyung choke.

"I did not!" He squeaked, forcing a smile to hide his nervousness.

He saw Jungkook kneel in front of him, carefully unwrapping the brace on his knee.

"Really? I might be hearing things, then." Jungkook tenderly stretched Taehyung's left leg as he worked on placing the disk back inside the brace.

"I could honestly do that by myself." Taehyung diverted the conversation.

"Hmm.." Jungkook just hummed as he focused on wrapping the brace back.

"Really. I'm thankful but I can do that on my own." Taehyung repeated, seeing that the ravenette is finally done.

Jungkook looked at him, still kneeling in front of him. "I know Tae, but I wanted to do this for you."

Taehyung was astounded, hearing his answer as he gazed at him.

Their eyes met for a long while which made Taehyung feel a lot of things inside of him.

And he's scared.

"You should go home." Taehyung whispered, looking down on the knee brace.

Jungkook smiled. "Don't worry. I'm really planning to go home because I noticed that you seem to be uncomfortable with the idea of sharing the same bed with me."

His remarks made Taehyung's eyes grow comically.

"Me? I'm not uncomfortable. Why would I be?" He faked a laugh as he tried to convince the other.

"You tell me, Tae. Why would you be uncomfortable with me?" Jungkook stared at him in the eyes, challenging him.

"I am not uncomfortable with you." Taehyung firmly uttered. He courageously stared at Jungkook's eyes, fighting off his nervousness.

"Fine. Let's sleep together." He added, even before he could think of the implications of his own words.

He saw the ravenette's shocked face before a sexy lopsided grin formed in his lips.

And only then was Taehyung able to realize what he just said.

"I mean sleep together.. like really sleep." He acted out his words in a rush to clarify what he really meant.

"That's what I have in mind. No need to explain what sleep means, Tae." Jungkook answered with a smirk.

Taehyung was sure as hell he was teasing him and damn, he couldn't believe he's actually blushing from his words.

"Okay. I'll be sleeping now." He quickly laid on the left side of the bed, grabbing the sheet as he covered himself up to his head.

He heard Jungkook's chuckle as he made his way to the other side of the bed.

Taehyung was carefully feeling the ravenette's every movement. He felt the mattress dip a little when Jungkook laid next to him.

He's unaware that all the while, he's holding his breath.

The room was filled with silence as both of them tried to sleep. Minutes passed by and yet they're still totally awake.

"Could you please turn off the lights?" Taehyung whispered, slowly peeking his head out of the sheet.

"I was thinking the same thing." Jungkook answered before slowly standing out of bed.

He made his way to the switch, turning it off in a snap.

The room was enveloped in darkness. Taehyung quickly turned on the lampshade on his bedside table to give a dim light to Jungkook as he made his way back to the bed.

Once Jungkook finally laid next to him again, Taehyung immediately turned off the light.

"Goodnight." He murmured as he forced himself to sleep.

Jungkook didn't respond, closing his eyes as well in the hope of getting a good rest.

The night deepens as the silence enveloped the whole house. Both of them tossed and turned on the bed, but after a few more hours, Jungkook finally felt Taehyung stop.

"Are you already asleep?" He asked in a soft voice, but Taehyung didn't answer.

Jungkook slowly turned to face Taehyung's side. Thanks to the light coming from the bright moon, Jungkook was able to see Taehyung's sleeping face.

He's now facing his way, looking so soft and angelic with his eyes closed.

Jungkook could feel his soft breathing as he stared at his face. He couldn't help himself but admire the beauty of the man in front of him.

With careful hands, Jungkook reached out to touch his cheek, caressing him in his sleep.

His eyes darted on Taehyung's inviting lips and just like that, Jungkook was again reminded by the kiss they shared.

He hadn't forgotten.

He couldn't, no matter how hard he tried.

He pretended to have forgotten because that is what Taehyung wanted.

However, like a broken cd, the scene kept on playing in his mind.

Jungkook sighed as he slowly leaned in closer and closer until he felt those soft lips against his own once more.

It's addicting, but he knows he has to pull away.

It was a short moment but it's enough for Jungkook.

Enough to remind him that he could only love Taehyung in silence.

"Sweet night, Tae."

------

Love you 💜