15: Trust His Dream

Dear Amu-san back in America,

How are you? How's the family? I always have to ask.

I know Zyphyra is doing fine. And now I am for the moment. I could spend hours writing about all the drama that's occurred here, but I rather wait. Graduation is coming closer, and though it grows colder over here, the weather is the last thing on all our minds.

Since we last spoke, my spot at the Academy was put on the line along with my friends' as well. The short of it is, we prevailed our trial but working together as a team. If we weren't as talented as we were, we would have been kicked out on the spot. After all the trouble we've caused so far this year, we still can't sit back and relax. Something called the Pair vs Pair contest is upon us, and everyone's teaming up again...only in pairs this time. Two idols pair up with one or two composers, in order to compose two songs to be performed. Round one is one idol's song, and if they advance to round two, the other idol sings there song. It's intense because there are so many good composers and singers here. But I hear there will only be 10 idol pairs advancing in round two. Whoever I partner with...will have our work cut out for them.

Well, I don't want to make this too long. But there is one more thing I want to tell you. Aside from the fact that my weird dreams have been slowing down, I think I...just maybe...am getting my passion for music back, somewhat. Recently, I've been trying to compose a song myself. I know, crazy right? I haven't done that in years! But the things, these notes, this melody...it just doesn't feel like something I would sing. I can't explain it. It's like I'm writing this music for someone else. When I figure out who, I'll think about giving it to them. But I think I'll keep this to myself for now.

I gotta go but write back soon. ~Melody K.

___________

"So it's for Tokiya-kun."

I choked. I lifted my fingers from the piano mid-play, "What made you come to that conclusion!?"

Otoya placed his hand to his cheek, "It's simple really. Process of elimination." He lifted his fingers one by one. "The music's too slow for Natsuki, not very upbeat for Syo, it's not sensual enough for Ren, and Masato sings to piano, but not of this caliber. The tempo's too fast for him."

I gained an anime vein mark, "And what about you huh? Why not you, Otoya-kun?"

"I'm sure if it was meant for me, you would have told me by now. Besides," Otoya looked again at the sheet music and sweatdropped. "I don't think my voice could handle this...the range is way too high..."

Annoyed, I still tried to counter him. "So what!?" I slammed my hands on top of the piano. "Just because the song doesn't fit one of the other guys, it could be for someone else! Anyone else!"

"Like who?"

"There's uh...Tsubasa! Or even Tomo!" Otoya gave me a look. "What's that look for?!"

"What look?"

"That look!"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Tch! I'm not doing this with you!" I sat back on the practice room piano bench.

"No matter how you look at it," Otoya slapped the sheets with the back of his hand. "This music suits Tokiya the best."

"Hey! Be careful with those!" I snatched them back. He apologized.

Otoya pointed at me from where he stood beside the piano, "Just admit it! This is your peace offering! You've been unconsciously writing a peace offering for Tokiya to apologize with!"