14: From Trinity to Tristar and Back (Part 3)

"So what song did you guys get?"

"The worst thing we could've taken on." Ren muttered.

"Our group dance assignment. The one where..." Syo trailed off.

"...The last one we had before I was demoted." Tokiya sighed. "Mugen no Trinity."

"The performance you guys had were Hyuga-sensei publicly embarrassed you?" Otoya's blunt words ripped into Tokiya's heart. We all cringed. "Jeez, that's so brutal."

"I know that has to hurt, Ichinose-kun." Natsuki sympathized.

"So? We'll manage. I will at least..." Tokiya turned his pale red face away from us, "W-What's your song then?"

"Remember that group dance assignment, Melody helped us with...that we still totally bombed?"

"Only because we hadn't practiced enough!" Natsuki exclaimed.

"That's because you and Otoya fooled around most of the time!" Masato yelled.

"Masa! You were always changing the steps too! Don't blame us!" Otoya defended.

"I agree! Didn't you learn anything from yesterday? We all failed together!" Otoya, Masato, and I sweatdropped.

"The song's name is Eien no Tristar." I answered Tokiya's question.

"I see." All of us stood in the studio booth in silence for a moment. Tokiya then lifted the remote he held in his hand. "Then I guess it can't be helped, we'll have to review these tapes after all."

"We have to figure out what our faults are, and fix them in time for the battle."

"We're going first if you don't mind." Ren told us as Tokiya put in the S-class's tape.

"Didn't sound like we had much of choice, did it?"

"No. I don't think so."

"Just stay quiet and let us look, please." Tokiya had an anime vein mark. "We won't take that long."

"Hopefully not as long as he is in the shower..." Otoya whispered. He received a paperback book to the face.

For the next hour, the S-class group gathered in the recording room hovering over the television monitor. They groaned and argued over the parts they thought they should fix and what they felt was missing, rewinding to the parts they wanted to practice again. Meanwhile, The A-class group, us, sat in the lounge area of the studio that the seven of us were confined to for the day, waiting for them to finish. All we could do was watch, and after what seemed like forever, they exited the booth. The three had a frown on their faces. "It looks like you guys haven't gotten anywhere." They all looked in different directions.

"Maybe, if they could start by changing~"

"Otoya, no good will come by revealing their faults to them. They must find them on their own." Masato handled his beverage delicately. He took a light sip. "Besides, they're the enemy."

"But..." Otoya trailed off.

"Don't worry about us. We're fine, worry about yourselves." Tokiya muttered.

"Yeah. If we beat you next week, you'll be expelled. You should take this more seriously." We all seemed to deflate.

"It really doesn't get easier does it?" Masato questioned as we all stood up.

"School? Or life in general?" Natsuki asked him.

He sighed in return, "Both." And then it's our turn to review our footage. We watched our A-class performance in silence the first time around. When it was over, no one said anything. No one could find anything specifically wrong, to us, it was just all bad.