𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Start from the beginning

"That's ok, thanks for coming with me." He mumbles before we sit in silence. Jo and Ric return, "Thea you should get going now you don't want to be late." Alaric's says giving Kai a hard stare, I nod and stand as I take a step to leave Kai pulls me back making me giggle, "what no goodbye kiss?" He asks, I lean forward and kiss his forehead, before wrapping my arms around him. "I'll see you soon." I tell him and he nods.

Alaric follows me out and stops me for a second, "Thea, Kai- he... he isn't-" I sigh, "a good person, or good for me yeah, yeah I know." He stops and sighs, "Thea I just want what's best for you." He tells me and I nod, "I know you do Ric but I know what I'm doing." I tell him and he doesn't look convinced, "I hope you do." He says before pulling me into a hug, "I do." He nods and let's me go, "ok just be careful." He says, "I will."

I get to the church a bit early and find Caroline stood in front of her moms coffin, crying. "Care. They're ready." Elena says before realising that Caroline was crying. "Do you need a minute?" She asks coming to stand beside me. "No, I'm okay." She says before she looks at her mom's body, "I'm gonna be alright, mom. I promise. Everything will be fine after today." She whispers, "I'm ready." She tells us Elena nods and leaves to go and let everybody know.

Caroline looks at me and smiles sadly, I return it and move forward to hug her. "Shh, it's ok, you're gonna be ok." I tell her as she sobs into my shoulder, after a moment she pulls away and composes herself. "How is he?" She asks wiping her eyes, "not important right now." I assure her as I hand her a tissue. She gives me a classic Caroline look. "I don't know,  he should be fine I've left him with his sister and Ric they think they've found a solution so." I shrug and she nods.

We all take our places as the ceremony begins, I end up between Stefan and Caroline apparently they had a conversation about their feelings and Stefan basically rejected her. "We are here today to pay our tribute and our respect to a pillar of our community, our sister, our protector, Sheriff Elizabeth Forbes. We are also here today to show our love and support for Liz's family and friends." The pastor's words fade as I look at Caroline who's struggling to keep her emotions in. I reach for her hand as I watch a tear run down her face.

Police force members walk up to honor Sheriff Forbes. They place an American flag over her casket. "Calling Sheriff Forbes." An officer says into his communicator obviously not receiving a reply. "This is the last call for Sheriff Forbes." I try and blink my tears away trying to be strong for Caroline as she squeezes my hand. "No response. Radio Number 2-6 is out of service after twelve years and four months of police service. Gone, but never forgotten." He says before turning around. "Center!" The officers return to their seats and Damon walks up for the eulogy.

He takes a deep breath, "Liz Forbes was my friend. In her last moments, she asked me to pass along a message to her daughter, but I cut her off before she could say too much. I told her she could tell Caroline herself, but she didn't get that chance. Your mom wanted you to know how proud of you she was, and she should be. You're a beautiful, strong woman, a generous friend, and a bright light in a sea of dark. She said you were extraordinary, and you are, and so was she. Liz was a hero to this town. She was a hero to all of you. And she was a hero to me. Goodbye, Sheriff. You will be missed." I can't help the tears that escape at Damon's speech but I quickly wipe my eyes as he returns to his seat and Caroline walks up.

"Thank you all for coming. This is for my mom." She says before taking a deep breath and singing.

After the ceremony Caroline goes home fairly quickly and so I leave after she does.

"How's Claire?" Kai asks, "Caroline, and I don't know, she's acting off which is understandable but I don't know what to do." I tell him. "You look better." I observe as he eats a bowl of cereal. "Mmhm I feel a lot better thankfully, meaning now I can get a proper kiss." He winks making me smile, "I guess Jo was good for something after all." He hums shovelling another spoonful into his mouth.

"So Damon wants to meet me tomorrow." He tells me as I walk to the bedroom, "yeah? How come?" I ask changing out of my dress. "I think it's about his mom." He tells me and I nod, "makes sense, I don't think it's cause he wants to hang out with you." I say turning to find him right behind me, "and why not I'm tons of fun." He smirks, "I mean that's kinda subjective." I say making him pout. I lean up and kiss him.

"Finally." He sighs after we eventually pull away, "well I wasn't gonna kiss  you before, I didn't want you to vomit blood into my mouth." I tell him, "but wouldn't you like that being a blood vacuum and all." He asks shooting me a wink as my face scrunches up. "Ew, you're gross." He chuckles and pecks my lips. "That's not what you were saying last night." He winks making me scoff, "go away, you loser." I laugh pushing his shoulder. He grabs my arm and pulls me close before throwing me over his shoulder.

"Kai, you know I hate when you do this." I giggle as he twirls around, "doesn't sound like it from here." He laughs as he pretends to drop me, making me me squeal. "I mean I have got a pretty good view." I giggle as he gasps, "Thea, I am not a piece of meat." I start to laugh even harder.

He chucks me onto the bed before joining me, "who would've thought you and me would've ended up three months ago?" He asks softly, I smile at him, "not me." He looks at me in surprise. "Really?" I nod, "you were emotionally dead, I mean I can't lie I thought about it but I never thought you'd be an option." I shrug. "Well you thought wrong." He hums, "well I know that now, I just didn't think you'd ever be able to have feelings for me, you loved not having feelings." He nods before kissing me, "I did love it, but you're worth having feelings for." He whispers before I lean forward and connect our lips.