𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Start from the beginning

"I don't think you have food poisoning." He says wiping his mouth as he goes to stand again. "I was supposed to merge my magic with you. But I got Luke's instead. Ohh. Now I'm defective, and I think that's why you're sick. I kind of feel like I'm dying, actually. And if I die, so do you, dad, Liv, and the rest of our dumb coven. So could you please fix me, like, now?" He says making Jo and Alaric look at each other shocked.

Jo had decided to take us to the hospital to checkup on Kai. "Any joint pain?" She asks, "Mm-hmm." He hums, "Headaches?" I watch as she uses the flash thing to check his eyes, "Yup." She takes a small step back and looks at him seriously, "Are you pregnant?" She asks making me snort, "Stop making jokes." Kai huffs unamused, "I feel like I'm being scrunched from inside out.This is kinda private. Does your baby-boo need to be here?" He asks Alaric who is stood beside me with his arms crossed, "I'm not leaving her with you so deal with it." He says before turning to me, "and what are you doing here?" Ric asks, "she's my girlfriend obviously she'd be here with me." Kai groans from the other side making both Ric and Jo turn to me shocked. "Thea is he being serious?" Ric asks in his overprotective guardian voice, "yeah." I say avoiding his gaze.

"Okay. Your vitals are fine, your temperature is normal. I'll wait on pathology, but there is nothing medically wrong with you." Jo says thankfully changing the subject. "Yeah, duh, because I'm magically diseased." He shakes his head at her before realising something. "You haven't puked in at least..." Jo realises Kai is about to vomit, "Oh!"   She exclaim as she rushes to get a trash can for Kai just as he starts to spit out blood.

As he is vomiting, he grabs Jo's arm and absorbs some of her magic. I see Jo groan in pain as she struggles to get free, I also notice the change in Alaric's expression, so I speed over and gently let her free. "Hey, hey!" Alaric's yells as he pulls Jo behind him. "Oh. I feel better." Kai pants sounding a bit better, "Yeah because you juice-boxed my magic." Jo replies annoyed. "Yeah, sorry about that. That was an accident, but I... Wow! I legitimately feel better." He says before I see the wheels turning in his head.  "You need to give me your magic." He concludes his thoughts. "What?" She asks confused. "This faux merge is clearly failing because I was supposed to get your magic, right?" He asks as he gets up toward Jo, but Alaric stands in front of him, "Just - I don't know - put it in a teddy bear or a bed pan and gimmie." He says as he reaches out his hand.

Alaric grabs Kai's hand, "Listen. I could just as easily break seven little bones with one good squeeze, okay?" He threatens but Kai is unbothered. "I can see you're skeptical, Ric. Can I call you Ric?" He asks pulling his hand out from Ric's and giving him a fist bump. "Hey, buddy, but here's the thing you need to know is that Jo only survives if I do, okay? And if that's not enough for you, the power that binds the prison worlds comes form the leader of the gemini coven. If I die, the worlds collapse, alright?" He says as Alaric sighs and rubs his hand over his face. "I see vacancy. Would you like me to start over with single syllables?" Kai asks, "Did you say prison worlds, as in more than one?" He asks making me confused did no one tell Ric about Damon's mom? "Has no one ever mentioned that?" Kai asks, they both leave to discuss the decision.

"Jo's not got food poisoning and she's not ill because of you." I say as I move to sit beside him, "she's not?" He asks as he takes my hand. I shake my head with a smile. "What's wrong with her then?" He asks I give him a knowing smile and turn my head away, "I mean it's quite exciting I don't know if I should tell you before I tell her." I tell him smugly, "Thea, tell me, now I wanna know." He whines, "ok so she's pregnant." I tell him, and he looks at me shocked, "what? How?" He asks, "oh well I thought you knew this already but, when two people love each other-" he cuts me off, "no I know that, I meant how do you know?" He asks, "I can hear the baby." I say, "woah." He says, "I know." I nod, I check the time and sigh. "I've gotta go soon." I tell him as I lean my head on his shoulder. He rests his head on top of mine