Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Lena was again trying not to laugh; geez Zander’s expression was priceless right now. It was a mix of nausea and disbelief.

“You can’t be serious.” He said finally a few minutes later.

“I am dead serious, whatever you want me to take off you’re gonna have to take off. It’s only fair.”

It didn’t take long for him to recover from his shock and resort back to humor as his mask. “Or you just want a peak at my hot bod.”

With a roll of her eyes Lena pulled the sheet away to bare his naked chest. “It’s not that appealing.” That was only one of the bigger lies she had told so far throughout the morning. “I have to be embarrassed on display so do you. Take it or leave it.”

“Are you trying to bait me now with a dare?”

Lena shrugged. “You tell me.”

His blue green eyes narrowed on her face in search of her true thoughts. She was teasing him but she was also dead serious with her offer. Point blank if he wanted her to comply with his artistic vision Lena was going to make him equally as uncomfortable.

Zander hiked the sheets over his shoulders and turned over in bed away from her. “It’s not a now problem.”

With a chuckle, Lena whispered in his ear, “Now who’s the coward?”

“You can go away now.”

“I will.” Lena stood from the bed and grinned one more time at his expense. “Don’t go dying in your seep.”

She was in the hallway when he called out, “Oh by the way, you’ve seen me topless a few times now. It’s your turn to return the favor at our next session.”

Lena tightened her hands into fists at her side. That little bastard as right and wasted no time spinning her own game back on her. “Asshole.” She heard him laughing on her way out of the house. With a roll of her brown eyes she climbed inside her car and gave their situation some serious thought and questioned why the hell she was putting up with him.

Her cellphone chimed alerting her about a new text. It was from Zander. “Undies will work for the image, just make sure they’re black and sexy.”

Lena texted back a few choices curses prompting him to call her. She answered with a sigh. “What?”

“Don’t be angry I outsmarted you. I’m the genius in this relationship.” Some good ole laughing at her expense was going him some good because he didn’t sound as nasally or lacking in energy.

“Yeah you’re something but I wouldn’t call it genius.” Lena hung up and got back out of her car. It took a minute to get from the driveway back to his bedroom. “Look, I’m gonna be honest. I’m bored and I don’t want to be the pet project at home.” She knew if her mother caught wind her day was empty she’d find something for Lena to do around the house. With a huff she took the TV remote off his desk and turned on the TV while perching her butt on the far left corner of his bed.

“It must be serious.”

“You have no idea the lengths I’d go through to avoid chores or helping mom with work.” Lena thought that sounded about right, it was the truth after all. It had nothing to do with the fact she wanted to hang out with Zander for God knows what reason. Maybe the flu had finally came around to hitting her and delusion was setting in. Very plausible.

She found a decent movie to stop on and put all her focus on the actors.

It took a good twenty minutes for Lena to realize Zander was being unusually quiet. She turned around and saw he was fast asleep. His lashes were long over the tops of his cheekbones, his mouth relaxed and full. Ok, it wasn’t the end of the world to admit that Zander was handsome. Gorgeous even…