A Bao A Qu

A Bao A Qu

Classification: Beast and Spirit

Habitats: Urban Areas

Size: Largo (hippo)

Located in: Malay Peninsula

Source: Malay folklore

        A Bao A Qu lives on the steps of the Tower of Victory in Chitor, on the top one can see "the lovelist landscape in the world." This creature sleeps on the first step waiting for a man brave enough to climb it. It's shapeless and translucent until someone passes. When someone climbs, it wakes and follows close behind. It becomes clearer and more colorful, giving off a blue light that increases as it climbs higher and higher. The creature only reaches perfection only reaches perfection when the climber reaches the top, who will achieve Nirvana, so his acts don't cast any shadows. Almost all the time the climber never reaches the top because they are not perfect. When the creature notices this, it stops, losing color and visibility, and tumbles back down the stairs until reaching the bottom, once more dormant and shapeless. While tumbling down, it gives a small cry, so soft that it sounds like the rustling of silk. It feels like the fuzz on the skin of a peach. In its everlasting life, the A Bao A Qu reached its destination at the top of the tower once. Until the A Bao A Qu reaches Nirvana itself again, it remains in this dimension and depends on humans for its survival and its ability to return home.

Poor Thing :(