* * *

Hanako had fallen asleep in her sitting position. When Izuna opened the door of his room in the middle of the night, she fell back, only to be stopped by his legs. He looked down at her, even if she had fallen, she didn't wake from her slumber.

Izuna smiled slightly and carefully kneeled next to her, keeping her steady with his hands. Her features were so calm and relaxed while she slept. In the time she had spent there, Izuna had never seen her so in peace.

He noticed her cheeks were damp, and frowned. Was she crying?

Izuna wiped her dry tears with the sleeve of his yukata. Hanako opened her eyes and looked up at his obsidian irises. "What are you doing?"

Izuna pulled away his hand, but didn't let go of her. "You fell asleep. It's late, you should lie in your futon."

They didn't move but continued to stare at each other. "Izuna," Hanako muttered. "I'm sorry if I said something that made you upset."

He shook his head. "You shouldn't apologize. You were right. Maybe if the circumstances had been different, we could've—" He bit his lip and closed his eyes. "No, forget I said anything."

He only spoke the truth, but Hanako felt something piercing her chest at his cold words. She looked away from him and straightened herself. Izuna didn't stop her, but he didn't move away either. He stared at her, feeling sorry for hurting her. That was too blunt of him, but he couldn't help it. He knew Hanako was right for not wanting to get involved with any of them. She would have to leave them one day, but they didn't know when. She had been there for almost three months already, maybe she'll stay a little more.

"Hey," Hanako turned to face him, but at that moment she felt something soft pressing against her lips. Her eyes widened, but Izuna quickly pulled away. He offered her a smile, as a faint blush covered his cheeks. "You should continue to rest, I'll just go out for a while."

He left, as if he were in a hurry. Hanako looked at the spot where he had disappeared, while touching her lips with her fingers.

She had never imagined her first kiss the way it happened. She smiled slightly and covered her face when she felt that familiar warmth on her cheeks. A sudden realization hit her. "He kissed me, does that mean he likes me?" Hanako leaned against the door frame and closed her eyes. "Why is everything so complicated?"

* * *

Kira looked down at the two sleeping boys with a small smile. They looked so much like Yusuke. "They're really cute. So, the twin genetics were also passed down, weren't they?"

Akira huffed. "I really hope they're not like you and me."

"Why not? We're the best sisters in the world!" 

Akira did her best not to groan, and faked a smile when Kira turned to her. "So, what do you need to open the portal? Is there anything I can help you with?"

Kira seemed to ponder her question. "Well, I need objects to anchor the portal to a timeline. I can use that scroll to take me to past but I would need something else to bring me back." She looked at her sister. "I need you to give me something that exists in both timelines."

Akira widened her eyes. "In both timelines?! How am I supposed to know that?" She pressed her lips into a thin line. "Can't you use the same scroll?"

"No, the scroll works as an anchor of the time it was most relevant. And that was Amane's time. I need something relevant of this time." Kira narrowed her eyes. "Think of something, sis. Let me know when you got it."