Chapter 1 - The Selection

Excuse my horrid writing the first few chapter or so. I plan to rewrite them and change them so I apologize but the story does better later on

*Prince Oliver's POV*
I was pacing back and forth in my room. The selection forms were sent out this morning. In just 3 weeks there would be 35 girls in my home. All fighting for my love. Suddenly there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said straightening my suit.

My father, King Maxon walked in.

"Hey dad."

"Hey Oliver. Are you nervous?"

"So nervous. What if I don't fall in love with one of the girls?"

"You will."

"Were you nervous too? Before your selection."

"Extremely. At first your mom didn't even like me. She just wanted to be friends."
"What?!?! Really?"

"Yeah, but with the Schreave charm I got her to fall in love with me."

"Wow. Can you tell me some stories about mom in the selection?" I asked.

"Sure. The first time I met her was the day before I was supposed to. She was trying to get into the garden and almost fainted. I told the guards to let her out and they did. But when I tried to comfort her she started yelling at me. Good times. Then one breakfast she was eating some strawberry tarts and really enjoying them. We made a deal if her sister May cried when she tried them she gets some pants but if she doesn't we go on a date. Your aunt May thankfully didn't cry. So we went for a walk in the garden and she thought I was going to do something with her that's umm, inappropriate and kneed me where it hurts. A lot. But I sent her pants anyways. One time she outran some rebels. Yeah, there are many other very interesting stories but it's dinner time."

"Thanks dad."
"Anytime."

We both walked downstairs into the dining room. My mom, twin sister Olivia, my younger brother Thomas 16 and my little sister Sarah 8 were all in there already. I sat down and started to eat. My life is gonna change real fast.

*Ariel's POV*

I was writing a new song when the letter came. I heard my mother scream with joy. I ran downstairs to see her showing the letter to my father.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"The selection!" Was all my mother said and I understood her.

I didn't want to enter. Prince Oliver is handsome and everything but I don't know if I'm fit to live in a place even if it's just for a little bit. I mean I probably won't even be drawn but still.

"Are you going to enter, Ariel?" My younger sister asked.

Her name was Angel. She was 15 years old. She had long blonde hair and was gorgeous. She was actually a model.

"I don't know." I said with a shrug.

"What? Have you seen prince Oliver?" She screeched.

"Yes, but I'm not pretty and I'm kinda boring."

"Are you serious? You're gorgeous! You are the most amazing person I know!"

I had red hair. That's why my name is Ariel. I was average height. One thing I loved were my green eyes. Which had flecks of yellow in them.

"Whatever. I might as well sign up."

"Yeah!" Angel cheered.

I laughed at her and sat down at my table, got a pen and started to fill out my form.