"What?" I say as dad sighs, putting a hand on mom's shoulder.

"Our biggest fear was that you might have the same virus as Leo. That's why we tried so hard to get you out of there as soon as possible." Dad says.

"I actually think I did have that virus." I admit.

"What do you mean?" Mom says.

"Well, most of the time, I was passed out. But when I woke up, I felt groggy. I could barely move my body. I felt frozen." I say.

"Really? So, how are you-"

"I don't know. I fell back asleep and then, I woke up again, I felt better." I shrug at the doctor.

"Think, Valerie. Was there anything you saw, or did or touched that might've helped you?" The doctor asks me.

"There was a mouse." I blurt out.

"A mouse?" Alex asks me.

"And water! It showed me to the water, and I drank it." I say.

"What water?" Dad asks me.

"I don't know. There was just a pool of water on the ground. And it was also drilling on the rocks, too." I say.

"That might be it." Mom nods at me.

"You said the magnetite was in this cave, correct?" The doctor says.

"Yes." Mom nods at her.

"I wonder if somehow the earth and rocks reacted to it, and over the thousands of the years, formed some sort of an antidote to the virus. The water could've been filled with it." The doctor says.

"That's great! We need to get Leo to drink some of that water." Alex grimaces.

"There's no way. The second explosion buried everything. It's completely caved in." Mom says.

"Damn." Alex sighs.

"I don't think we need that water at all. The antidote to the virus might be right here in his room." The doctor says and my face drops.

"What? Me?" I ask.

"I think so. We can take bone marrow from you and transplant it into Leo's blood. I'll have to consult with some of my colleagues about this." The doctor says, turning on her heels.

"Wait, Dr. Hovey. Do you think I can save him?" I ask and she turns to me.

"I don't know. But it's the only chance we have right now. Excuse me." She says, leaving the room.

"I should call Carter." Mom says and I nod at her as she dials on her phone.

I let out a sigh as Alex holds my leg and I couldn't help the water in my eyes roll down my face.

                                        ||

"I'll never forgive myself for not my going in there instead of you." Alex says and I shake my head, putting my hand on top of his.

"We would've just been in reverse positions, Alex. It's not your fault." I tell him.

"I could tell something was wrong. I tried to look for you, but then...Brooke and I got stuck in that secret room. Oh, god, Valerie, when you showed up...I thought I was dreaming or something." Alex sighs.

"Don't talk to me about dreams." I chuckle.

"Why?" He asks me.

"Well, when I was in the cave, I had-"