18) The New Guy (pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

"The markets are on!"
He exclaimed. Raven raised her eyebrows. She had never seen Mike when he wasn't being a creep, and she couldn't help but crack a smile at how excited he was getting. Beastboy smiled too, and nodded.

"Come on, then."
He said, and he ran across the road, grabbing Raven's hand. Mike ran alongside them, smiling to himself.

Maybe I should have tried talking to them sooner.

He thought, still new to the concept of laughing and having fun with others. Raven felt a little uncomfortable with Mike being there, but at the same time she was happy with the amount of effort he was putting into getting along with her.

"Hey, Gar, look."
She said, nudging Beastboy and pointing towards a stall. Mike followed her finger and frowned, a little confused.

"What's that?"
He asked. Beastboy smiled.

"That is an art stall."
He replied. Raven laughed, and Mike shook his head.

"Sorry, you've lost me."

Raven didn't take her eyes off of the stall as she spoke.

"It's an art stall, which means they do commissions. Which usually means there will be some kind of Teen Titans content in there."
She said, and Mike nodded.

"Okay, let's go see them."
He said, and they went over. There was already a small group of people huddled around the girl who was running the stall, so the three of them went to the edge of the tent, admiring the drawings on display.

Mike gasped suddenly and fell into a heap of laughter, which made Beastboy and Raven look at each other with a frown. Mike tried to explain why he was laughing, but instead even more laughter came out, startling Raven. Beastboy looked to where Mike was looking just before he burst out, and then he too went hysterical.

Raven frowned and folded her arms, wanting an explanation. Beastboy out his hand on her shoulder and tried to speak, but he was too busy trying to breathe first. Tears were beginning to fall down his cheeks as he thought about the drawing he just saw even more.

Raven rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"If you aren't gonna explain, move so I can see."
She grumbled, and pushed a teary-eyed Mike out of the way. She suddenly came face-to-face with a very explicit drawing. Her mouth opened in shock and her eyebrows rose up her forehead as she tried not to laugh.

The boys were howling behind her, which didn't help at all.

"Why is there a nude drawing of you and Terra in front of my face?"
Raven asked, turning to Beastboy. She got no answer, as he was sitting in the ground and laughing so hard that he couldn't hear a word. Mike was doubled over too, clutching his stomach as he heaved out dry breaths.

Raven turned back to the drawing and found herself laughing too, her mouth clamped over her mouth as she tried to stifle the sound. It was no use.

All she saw was Beastboy and Terra with not a single piece of fabric on their bodies, doing something unquestionable. She tore her gaze away and tried to stop the laughing but it kept on coming. Beastboy now stood with his hands on his eyes.

"There's a drawing of me doing it with Terra on the boardwalk."
He said as he wiped away his tears. Mike let out a deep breath and shook his head.

"Holy shit, that's graphic."
He sighed. The girl behind the table of drawings frowned at them. She looked to be about sixteen, but her art clearly suggested otherwise.

"It was a commission."
She grumbled, and continued speaking with other people who were interested in buying.

The three of them continued to laugh as they walked away, clutching into each other for support as they wobbled.

"You- you aren't gonna ask her to- take it down?"
Mike asked, catching his breath back. Beastboy shook his head and sighed, looping his arm around Raven's shoulders.

"A masterpiece like that shouldn't be hidden, Micheal."
He said, and Raven shoved him with a smile. Mike laughed and stuck his hands in his pockets.

He had never had so much fun with anybody in years. It felt strange to be not only talking to the neighbours who he used to bully, but to be laughing hysterically with them on the boardwalk as the sun set over the sea.

It didn't feel real.

Raven nudged him gently and have him a small smile, her eyes still red from her laughing fit a few moments ago.

"As long as you're not a Beastboy and Terra shipper, I think I can learn to get along with you."
She said. Mike nodded, and looked out to the sea.

Maybe the rest of the evening wouldn't be too bad.

Lol, this is based off of a partially true event with me and my two friends, we were in a normal shop yet all of a sudden we turned around and there were just aprons, pictures and cups of penises everywhere, it was hilarious.