Ch 57 - the rift

Third person POV-

Obito was impulsive and idiotic, everyone knew that, so it truly was no wonder when Rin woke up the next morning and found herself laying in bed alone.
Despite her anger she only sighed deeply and got up to quickly find a babysitter for Reiko so that she could chase after that husband of hers, as well as tell everyone else just what he was up to.

All she needed to say was that he had left and everyone knew where to. Where else?

The rift.

From the very beginning Obito had put all the pressure of this time travel mystery on his own shoulders, only barely letting Kakashi help, but that was back before kanabi bridge, and sure everyone had tried to help afterwards, but Ibiti himself was quite the mystery and would never want to burden everyone with his own problems.

Everyone had kind of been happy when the last of Obito's memories disappeared, because it meant no more worrying about that.

They had been naive. They realized that now.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

"Of course it'd be here..." Obito muttered as he stopped on the branch of a great old oak tree.

"This forest..." Obito quickly trailed off.
From his notes he knew exactly what this place was.
It was the woods that had quickly been turned into the barren front lines of the fourth ninja war.

The amount of power generated here must've been too powerful for the world to handle, that's why it decided to split it up over 3 different times, then, the time Obito was sent back to, and the time Naruto was sent back to.
But it couldn't continue, if it did the rift would only grow and who knows what that could lead to.
Obito was sure he didn't want to know.

'If I gather up all of my power and send it back through that rift then it should create a reversing affect that'll end all of this...' Obito thought, he didn't exacly know what it would do to him, but that's not what mattered to him at the moment.

But first he had to locate the rift, which in itself was hard enough as it wasn't visible to the human eye.

But Obito has a sharingan..a mangekyou sharingan in fact.

He couldn't see it, but he could feel it.

It was close.

He jumped from tree to tree trying to sense the rift, then suddenly his body stiffened up before it went completely limp and he fell to the forest floor.
It took a couple of seconds before he got his sense of feeling back.
Now the numbness switched between his limbs every few seconds, he heard a ringing in his ears. He took a wild guess and guessed that it was a side affect of literal rift in time and space.
It probably wasn't healthy to be too close.

He had a hard time focusing his Chakra into his eyes.

It felt like gravity just got 10 times stronger, but only fit a couple of seconds.

"This is so confusing" Obito chuckled, despite the fact that he was hurting.

"I see you" he said to the the rift as he finally focused his chakra into his eyes to activate his mangekyou sharingan.

Obito halted for a few seconds.

'It's kind of poetic' he thought to himself.
'It's time to let go of the past...'

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

A great explosion could be heard over the span of hundreds of miles, but it wasn't a true explosion. There was no fire, no killing force behind the sound. That's what Obito realized as he opened his eyes again, something he'd be afraid he'd never do again, but they immediately widened.